• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Okay just back from Phish in Cleveland & Cincy

#31401 3 years, 4 months ago
Broke down and seen em after all these years. Really don't see the comparison between the Dead and Phish music. Phish seems to be more progressive music to me. I had a good time but I don't see myself converting. The Dead speak more to me.
The staff at Blossom were completely lost. Picture five gates with only one door open at each of em. We're talking freaking hot here. People jammed together. No bad vibes toward one another just the helpless staff who I couldn't figure out why they did this at all because no tickets were being scanned. If you didn't have tickets you could have still got it. The lady ripped my ticket which resulted in my seats location being torn off, but I found good pavillion seats in my same location.
I did get the crowd yelling Attica and we sang a few choruses of let my people go so we were all good.
Could not get over the 8.50 price for a beer inside. I told the workers there I thought that was a very reasonable price and it actually got the workers to laugh there.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by captaintony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: Okay just back from Phish in Cleveland & Cincy

#31404 3 years, 4 months ago
Completely left out Riverbend. We had lawn for that show. Pavillion for Blossom. I think ideally for sound you need to be in the seats for Riverbend. Saw Steely Dan there in 2000 and had eighth row dead center baby! The sound was pitch perfect. I'll always remember the drunk lady yelling, "Becker I love you. I lost my virginity at a Steely Dan show!" Someone answers Sit the fuck down bitch! She yells back, "Fuck you too." Never heard another thing out of her. She just didnt have the fight in her.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by captaintony.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#31409 3 years, 4 months ago
captaintony wrote:
I had a good time but I don't see myself converting. The Dead speak more to me.

But it doesn't have to be an either/or type of situation. I love 'em both, they're both favorites, it's just that the Dead are a little more favorite.

There are times I'm just in the mood for some Phish, and other where all that scratches the itch is the music of the Grateful Dead (and offshoots). There is a phenomenal version of "Possum" by Phish from "Hampton Comes Alive" that will melt your face it is so hot, check it out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#31410 3 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, that is true, didn't mean it was an either/or situation. I went in with no idea what to expect. It's a long story but when a best friend of mine told me ahh I wouldn't listen to Phish, and when he passed away I didn't listen to them outta of respect for my buddy. Kinda strange logic I know, but that kinda describes me - strange logic.
So anyway, I did place my preconceived notions away and went in with an altered mind (whoops I mean clear mind).
nastero
Junior Boarder

#31424 3 years, 4 months ago
No worries, I dig what you're saying.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#31436 3 years, 4 months ago
glad to hear you had a great time Capt. T. !
never seen Phish before either.
Blossom is a great place to see a show even with the pricey concessions.The trees and facilities are nice and the lawn is always well maintained too.
riverbend is just another typical municipal concrete dump like pine knob, polaris, deer creek. I can't stand going to shows where there aren't any shade trees
I wish they would start having big shows at buckeye lake or the frontier ranch.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#31444 3 years, 4 months ago
what is the deal behind Buckeye Lake? Was it supposed have been sold to build on? Cause a couple buddies just went to Hookahville so the property must be still there to use.
intothesun
Visitor

#31530 3 years, 4 months ago
I love falafel and I love cheese steaks. They taste different but both are very delicious. You can like phish a whole lot and the dead a whole lot...its ok. HARRY....HARRY!!! where doooo yuuuu goooooowwhh?!!! cant wait for friday!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#31550 3 years, 4 months ago
Imwith ya tony they can play and got skills but thtas where it ends the deads lyrics tell a stroy phish was nonsensical at best from what i could interpet.i like then but i aint gonna follow them around the country
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SadPhil
Fresh Boarder

#31590 3 years, 4 months ago
KYS
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds