• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: jazz question

#31950 3 years, 1 month ago
I'd be willing to copy the jazz off my drives, too.... just a thought. And I have easily 300 gigs of jazz... does he live in Los Angeles by chance???[/quote]

I live in Southern Oc, wondering if you might be down to fill up an external for me one day,
could trade some nug or somethin. Curious what your Dead collection looks like an if you have any The Band?
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#32032 3 years, 1 month ago
we are both in NY /PA so cali is out thanks for the offer my dead is the archive nothing special its i ate all my harddrive up with downloads so i bought a seasgate external drive for
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#32058 3 years, 1 month ago
iamthedoor wrote:
I'd be willing to copy the jazz off my drives, too.... just a thought. And I have easily 300 gigs of jazz... does he live in Los Angeles by chance???

I live in Southern Oc, wondering if you might be down to fill up an external for me one day,
could trade some nug or somethin. Curious what your Dead collection looks like an if you have any The Band?[/quote]

I probably have about a total of 3 TBs of music (audio and video). I just reorganized them as they are 4 externals The grateful Dead (audio only) fills one 1.5 TB external. I have about 200 gigs of some pretty great videos, too. I also have probably 2,000 cds, half are dead. But I saw the folly in making cds and moved to externals. Hopefully soon we'll get 1,000 Tb storage for cheap and then I can start keeping backups

I have a dozen or so Band shows, I have the undubbed Last Waltz show (sounds like crap, to be honest- I can see why they had to dub it). the Watkins Glen show I think? Various dates. I am pretty sure I have Dylan and Band....

As to 83- I'm heading to NYC for Jones Beach and GOTV. I could bring the harddrive with me and load your dad's hardrive if you are there..... There's a special place in my heart for dads who love jazz but lack the tech skills or time to seek out this stuff, so I'm always willing to help out. Probably because I'm not a dad.... but that's for another thread. I'd even buy a harddrive and fill it and send it to you (you'd have to reimburse up front for the drive and shipping) but that would be easy (I wouldn't get to it until post-GOTV though). I have a ton of Miles (great later stuff and videos), McLaughlin, Parker, a few Gillespies, a lot of Dave Brubeck. From old school to jazz that's more noise than anything.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#32065 3 years, 1 month ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
we are both in NY /PA so cali is out thanks for the offer my dead is the archive nothing special its i ate all my harddrive up with downloads so i bought a seasgate external drive for

Assuming you are doing Jones or GOTV- I could always buy an external and bring it loaded with me... and you just pay me when I get it to you. A 2.0 TB hardrive from Iolta [I am spacing the brandname, the apple brand but for PCs] runs $91. Lostsailor-the-mule shipping... free.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by lostsailor.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#32358 3 years, 1 month ago
im going to bethel,spac,philly,PNC and cannadagua ny any of those work?,i like the idea
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#32435 3 years, 1 month ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
im going to bethel,spac,philly,PNC and cannadagua ny any of those work?,i like the idea

I'm only doing the above shows. How about this: we'll work on this via email. I can buy the hardrive for $91, fill it and ship it to you and you pay me via paypal or other the cost of the drive and the shipping...? my email is mattrob487 at aol dot com (I rarely use that email, but I'll email you the real email when I hear from you).

We just need to determine the other 1.5 TBs worth of stuff for me to put in there

Hey admins- a private chat thing would be nice right now... just saying.
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds