• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

jazz question

#31280 3 years, 4 months ago
my dad was asking me where he could safely download some jazz greats for his kindle and computer i suggested the archive anybody have any suggestion on safe/virus free no fee download sites for jazz?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Chester
More or less in line

Re: jazz question

#31309 3 years, 4 months ago
Well, they have some over here. Not a lot, but it's free. www.thetradersden.org/
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#31312 3 years, 4 months ago
wolfgangsvault.com has a bunch of jazz ..... you could listen free for at least 10 hours a week and you could buy some of there stuff, not sure how much jazz though

www.wolfgangsvault.com

---search Newport Jazz Festival on wolfgang's, bunch of old 60s jazz
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by MushroomMan.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#31335 3 years, 4 months ago
Fareed Haque Group. Is on Archive. Its far east/mid east, meets modern jazz guitar. I love it.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#31561 3 years, 4 months ago
thanks for the input guys hes looking for all the classic jazz greats,just glad he asked me,doesnt happen much
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#31581 3 years, 4 months ago
In case you don't understand jazz,we'll let famed baseball great Yogi Berra explain it to you !

Interviewer: What do you expect is in store for the future of jazz trumpet?

Yogi: I'm thinkin' there'll be a group of guys who've never met talkin' about it all the time...

Interviewer: Can you explain jazz?

Yogi: I can't, but I will. 90% of all jazz is half improvisation. The other half is the part people play while others are playing something they never played with anyone who played that part. So if you play the wrong part, its right. If you play the right part, it might be right if you play it wrong enough. But if you play it too right, it's wrong.

Interviewer: I don't understand.

Yogi: Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's whats so simple about it.

Interviewer: Do you understand it?

Yogi: No. That's why I can explain it. If I understood it, I wouldnt know anything about it.

Interviewer: Are there any great jazz players alive today?

Yogi: No. All the great jazz players alive today are dead. Except for the ones that are still alive. But so many of them are dead, that the ones that are still alive are dying to be like the ones that are dead. Some would kill for it.

Interviewer: What is syncopation?

Yogi: That's when the note that you should hear now happens either before or after you hear it. In jazz, you don't hear notes when they happen because that would be some other type of music. Other types of music can be jazz, but only if they're the same as something different from those other kinds.

Interviewer: Now I really don't understand.

Yogi: I haven't taught you enough for you to not understand jazz that well.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#31606 3 years, 4 months ago
I think Yogi smoked paint chips.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#31781 3 years, 4 months ago
As Miles Davis said, if you make a mistake- play it three times and call it a riff.

Dimeadozin.net [not sure of the spelling and/or if it's a .org or a .net] but if you set him up with using bittorents, which are very safe in my experience, you'll be getting him external hardrives for xmas and he'll be loving you for the new hobby you gave him.

I have my list of bittorents at home- there's a half dozen to sift through... I've got tons of stuff through bittorent and it's the way to go, I think.

I'd be willing to copy the jazz off my drives, too.... just a thought. And I have easily 300 gigs of jazz... does he live in Los Angeles by chance???
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#31874 3 years, 4 months ago
NY but i like the idea ,i just got a ex hard drive for my dead/furthur collection im learning the etree stuff now ,thanks for the help
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#31886 3 years, 4 months ago
I cannot vouch for these, but they look good.

Google Smithsonian Jazz Collection Download and you will get a bunch more.

Happy Trails.

www.monova.org/torrent/2344410/Smithsoni...tion_S1_thru_S3.html
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds