• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Furthuron
Junior Boarder

Sept 30th-Oct2nd Red Rocks Co.

#31207 3 years, 1 month ago
Anyone know of good campground or hotel nearby Red Rocks? Is it cold during that time of the year? Thanks for you're help as this will be our first show!
"Standing on the moon,
With nothing left to do.
A lovely view of heaven,
But I'd rather be with you - be with you!
Colorado Porky
Fresh Boarder

Re: Sept 30th-Oct2nd Red Rocks Co.

#31218 3 years, 1 month ago
Bear Creek Park is just the other side of C-470/Morrison road....camping, yurts, etc.
www.lakewood.org/comres/page.cfm?ID=641&BearCreekLakePark/

For hotels, look in llittelton, golden, lakewood....there is also a boutique hotel in the town of Morrison itself.

Weather-wise, who knows? It could easily be 80 or it could snow....all you gotta do is wait 5 minutes and the weather will change!

Hope you have a good time at the shows!
perry
Senior Boarder

#31235 3 years, 1 month ago
At Bear creek, the camping is first come...yurts can be reserved. Denver West is where lots of folks go, but the 285/ wads worth in Lakewood has places, bunch of newer hotels at Ken caryl/c-470 (with more food/bars etc nearby.) all are 15 minutes door to door.
Furthuron
Junior Boarder

#31532 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the feedback.
"Standing on the moon,
With nothing left to do.
A lovely view of heaven,
But I'd rather be with you - be with you!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#31639 3 years, 1 month ago
i stayed at the residence inn by marriot in highlands ranch it was 15 minutes on the highway---lots of restaurants, pretty suburban---a few heads as well---72 bucks a night for a nice suite---this was all last year
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31642 3 years, 1 month ago
Hampton inn in Lakewood. I've recommended it to many already. 10 minutes to red rocks, nicest Hampton I ever stayed at. Plenty to do nearby. Awesome breakfast. Comfy beds.
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#31790 3 years, 1 month ago
As a boulder local who deals with the weather, I suggest the hotel over camping at this time of year, since it is up in the air. Last year we were in the 70's daytime 60's night, but it could easily be in muuuuuch colder, and usually is that time of year.
fatdog
Junior Boarder

#31816 3 years, 1 month ago
This will be my 1st trip to Red Rocks as well. Im staying with a friend so lodging is taken care of but what is a good site to catch a cheap flight???
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#31979 3 years, 1 month ago
That was mid 80's for all shows. I'm guessing mid 70's. Wouldn't be shocked if it snowed a little for one of these shows.
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#31980 3 years, 1 month ago
Cold Rain & Snow opener = fine by me
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds