• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Drmzspace
Junior Boarder
Gonna make the mountain be my home...

Re: So, How Was Shoreline?

#31237 3 years, 2 months ago
thanks!

available? you can right-click and save if you want...
Skudebro
Junior Boarder

#31239 3 years, 2 months ago
In response to your "lot scene" question, look at the 06/04 first set setlist: "Busted down on Bourbon Street," "This Darkness has got to give," "This could be the last time," "Law come to get you if you don't walk right," "I was just hangin out with the other guys," "Gonna Miss me when I'm gone..."

OK, I don't know if the boys intended to send a message, but from what I saw and heard "out there" the lot situation was pretty crappy. Admittedly, I didn't hang out there much, but it seemed pretty tense. Upon arriving, people in yellow shirts were warning people not to drink any alcohol and that cops were coming down hard on this. Saw the police dump someone's cup of Beer and drag them off (I don't know the details). After the show, I like to hang out until the horrible car line out of parking thins out, but Yellows and cops were yelling at peeps to get in their cars and leave, while there was still a bunch of standstill traffic at all exits. Apparently, they were cracking down on all forms of tailgating and selling of anything, too. I mean, this is a parking lot in the middle of empty business parks and grasslands - pretty much like any sports stadium parking lot in CA. But regs are regs and apparently, Mountain View's got em and will enforce them, perhaps for a little more cash revenue.

Was nice to see the Furthur bus, though.

And it should go without saying that the shows were fantastic. Also met some great folks from Phoenix, Texas, Indiana, and whoknowswere. Happy trails!
Skudebro
Junior Boarder

#31240 3 years, 2 months ago
Hey ddsstyle:

As a Westie who only catches these guys in No Cal, I hear you regarding TOO and H>S>F, but at least TOO is especially maleable and generally played differently at each of the shows we've had. And I thought that the changes, especially during Slipknot! made H>S>F worth another listen.

I am slightly relieved not to hear Terrapin Suite for the 4th time and Unbroken Chain for the 5th in 10 shows. Don't get me wrong: I just feel like they are more structured/long and less likely to go somewhere unexpected...

It's great to be spoiled by having them play the great songs too often!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#31244 3 years, 2 months ago
Sorry to hear the lot was like that. Its such a big part of the experience, like half. Lots of venues do that though. The shed here was like that and a lot of people touring used to skip it.

In all fairness though, I'm sure folks found some kind of ways to have fun there.

I'm thinking of going to Eugene this year. Does anyone know what the scene is like. The stadium used to allow camping, and the scene was the best. If we're going to be there for three days it would be nice if it was chill, and I assume it will be OK.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#31245 3 years, 2 months ago
So that sound was good?

does anyone know what changes they've made to the equipment/crew?

I can't wait for the shows to go up on archive.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#31266 3 years, 2 months ago
off the hook.....thanks to brett and denver men for ride back to SF and brewskies/chippachuppas back at their crib in the lower haight

see you colorado and eugene
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#31299 3 years, 2 months ago
Weird to hear reports on the opposite end of the spectrum... we partied hardy both nights in the lot. Beers were flowin' as were other goodies. Not a single hassle all weekend. First night pat down was a touch on the shoulder and to go on in. I even asked the lady if she was kidding. Night two was more of a search because some asshole heads felt the need to bring in knives. What do you think security is gonna do when they start seeing weapons?
Skudebro
Junior Boarder

#31303 3 years, 2 months ago
Hey Slewfoot,

Glad you were able to party unmolested. Maybe what I saw was part of the knucklehead factor.

I had the same experience with entering the venue: no serious patdowns or searches, at least at the lines I took for both shows, so people seemed to be able to party with whatever they needed inside. I hope the knives going in were just for cutting apples...I mean this is a Dead Family gathering, Duuuude.

As for the sound, I was at the front of the lawn (with plenty of room to dance) and it sounded great up there. I barely put in my ear plugs to cut the high end down to make it just a little better. That being said, I didn't experience any chest-thumping Phil bombs up there. Anyone up close get that fantastic sensation?
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#31375 3 years, 2 months ago
Both nights were absolutely incredible!! I'd put both shows near the top of the best I've seen since last seeing Jerry. Amazing fucking weekend of music!!!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#31421 3 years, 2 months ago
Nice to hear OtherOne.

I had a blast there in 93.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds