• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

LEVON RAMBLE WITH PHIL 6/17

#30591 3 years, 3 months ago
after getting shut out so quickly on the general sale of "tickets" for the ramble, i was pretty upset...not only have i never been to a ramble but phil is the guest that night...well i got a random msg the other night from a friend i brought to his first shows, his friend had 4 spots and 2 couldnt make it, we got the spots...anyone here ever been to a ramble at levons barn? i am so excited from what i heard from many this place holds like 150 people maybe 200 tops, and is the single handed greatest concert experience that exists...i cannot express my excitement! can't wait to see phil esp since i am unable to hit these shoreline shows the next 2 nights
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

Re: LEVON RAMBLE WITH PHIL 6/17

#30613 3 years, 3 months ago
Dam man, lucky you. Enjoy yourself man!
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#30638 3 years, 3 months ago
This should be pretty cool, a mix of the Dead / The Band. Now thats an evening,
Chester
More or less in line

#30641 3 years, 3 months ago
Awesome. Congratulations. Should be a magical show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#30709 3 years, 3 months ago
somebody mentioned it on here one night and I could of got tickets, they were available but my brother was busy during that time and I didn't think I had anyone to go with so I hesitated then the next morning my mom said she'll go if my brother cant so I went to get tickets and....... gone! ------ sooooo pissed at myself for not getting them right away, I'm sure if everything else fell through I could of found someone on here or suttin to go with....

I'm jelous man - have a great time and post a review!
LightningBolt
Junior Boarder

#30747 3 years, 3 months ago
Congrats!!! See you there. My third Ramble but 1st with Phil. There is nothing like being in Levon's house.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#30749 3 years, 3 months ago
LightningBolt wrote:
Congrats!!! See you there. My third Ramble but 1st with Phil. There is nothing like being in Levon's house.

hey could you tell me a little bit about it? just some general stuff---about the place, the vibe...anything....do's and donts
LightningBolt
Junior Boarder

#30829 3 years, 3 months ago
You park on his front lawn. It is an old barn that has been converted to a house/studio. It is all post and beam construction with a fireplace. A really nice warm and friendly place. There is a community dinner and everyone is encouraged to bring a dish. It used to be BYOB but now they make you keep alcohol outside. Only water allowed in the studio. It is sofa's and folding chairs, total about 150 people. The musicians mingle with the crowd and there is access to the musicians that you would never have in a concert. There are always special guests.....usually some of the neighbors....like Donald Fagen of Steely Dan, John Sebastian of the Lovin' Spoonful or maybe Garth Hudson from The Band..all Woodstock residents...recently Elvis Costello stopped by.

I was hanging out in front of the barn between sets one night and I met Bill Keith....one of Jerry's big banjo influences and a Bluegrass legend.

Be prepared for a magical evening.

You can be prepared for it to be a bit of a reunion for Phil and Larry Campbell and his wife Theresa Williams.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#30838 3 years, 3 months ago
LightningBolt wrote:
You park on his front lawn. It is an old barn that has been converted to a house/studio. It is all post and beam construction with a fireplace. A really nice warm and friendly place. There is a community dinner and everyone is encouraged to bring a dish. It used to be BYOB but now they make you keep alcohol outside. Only water allowed in the studio. It is sofa's and folding chairs, total about 150 people. The musicians mingle with the crowd and there is access to the musicians that you would never have in a concert. There are always special guests.....usually some of the neighbors....like Donald Fagen of Steely Dan, John Sebastian of the Lovin' Spoonful or maybe Garth Hudson from The Band..all Woodstock residents...recently Elvis Costello stopped by.

I was hanging out in front of the barn between sets one night and I met Bill Keith....one of Jerry's big banjo influences and a Bluegrass legend.

Be prepared for a magical evening.

You can be prepared for it to be a bit of a reunion for Phil and Larry Campbell and his wife Theresa Williams.

This is a wish of mine to someday make it up that way.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#30907 3 years, 3 months ago
lightning bolt--thanks for the info---checks in with what most other folks have told me...hoping to finally get my shot at meeting phil! not upset or unhappy with that 'reunion' at all, love all three of those musicians and have seen them together plenty of times...cant wait!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds