• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics at Sochi

#308821 7 months, 1 week ago
It's sure not been a good few days for the US teams. The men's hockey team just lost to Canada in the semi-finals (I can hear Jared cheering right now!!), though they can still win bronze. Also, for the first time since 1936, neither the men's nor women's US figure skaters got any medal at all.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#308876 7 months, 1 week ago
A solid game. A fun game. A low-scoring game like I prefer. No disappointments. Satisfied.

Not to anyone's surprise, too much dependence upon Quick and too much time in USA's defensive zone. I feel Sweden is playing closer to their potential than Canada. I'd be surprised if Sweden didn't walk away with Gold by a couple goals, but maybe if Canada is tested more on their defensive end, their defensemen will rise to that level and be more aggressive and become offensively minded. It wasn't necessary for them to be so with the USA, and Canada didn't respond to it as well as maybe they should have. Hockey is a mental game. Pushing and pushing back. You don't push as hard if you aren't being pushed. Doughty is wicked, and he didn't need to be with the USA.

I'd like to watch the women's game, but I've heard they were rooked. That is never fun to watch.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#315882 6 months, 2 weeks ago
1-0

USA beats Russia in ice sled hockey for gold. Besides the deep sea of human interest stories, it's a pretty cool game and very physical. It was cool to see how much Russia gets into it. I'm surprised they don't have carbon-fiber "capsules" for the legs so they don't have to penalize for "T-ing", which is T-boning people and running the sled up onto the legs. Maybe it would look too much like murderball, then.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds