• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics at Sochi

#305759 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Chester wrote:
Ok, curling is kind of fun.

Coincidentally, I made it to one winter Olympics. Lake Placid in 1980. It was an adventure.

lakeplacid1980.jpg

Go USA!

A friend of mine Glen Burke competed in the giant slalom competition there. His brother also competed no medals but what a thrill it must have been for them.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#306082 6 months, 1 week ago
Well, it's looking grim for USA Curling, they haven't won a match yet, doesn't look like they'll move beyond the initial round robin. But the US women's hockey team is undefeated, including stomping the Swedes 9-0 yesterday!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#308068 6 months ago
Wow, the Russian men's hockey team just got knocked out in the quarter finals by Finland, 3-1!! That sure must have bummed out the home crowd, not to mention the Russian team and their Red Wing captain! I wanted the US to beat them in the finals!!
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#308104 6 months ago
3rd Olympics for the Russian hockey team not to be in the medal games, it's got to be depressing for the Russian's who at one time dominated hockey in the Olympics.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#308105 6 months ago
Congratulation to the US Men's Hockey team for their win over the Czech and good luck against Canada.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#308109 6 months ago
ratdog2112 wrote:
3rd Olympics for the Russian hockey team not to be in the medal games, it's got to be depressing for the Russian's who at one time dominated hockey in the Olympics.
Weren't they the only ones sending professionals to the Olympics back then? Didn't hurt that their best players had one option to leave the USSR: defection.

Both Latvia and Slovenia have been impressive.* Their rosters aren't stacked anything like the others.

I'll be very surprised if it isn't a Sweden/Canada gold medal round. Neither team looked all that grand, so I won't predict a winner. The USA doesn't have the manpower to compete with Canada, but *one of the coolest things about hockey is that hard work can trump the superstar factor (Russia's poor showing being a prime example).
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#308112 6 months ago
I think USA has a decent chance of taking down Canada. IMO they need to start Jonathon Quick. He knows how to win big games. Ryan Miller, although playing good this year, will choke that game away if they start him instead.

I am surprised Russia went down early. I thought they had a good team...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#308235 6 months ago
What a heart breaker, the US women's hockey team was up 2-0 in the finals with 3 minutes left, but let Canada come back, tie it up and then the Canadians won on a power play in overtime. That was a tough loss for Team USA!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#308247 6 months ago
Why is it so difficult to figure out what times these hockey games start? What time/channel is the USA vs Canada game?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#308252 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Why is it so difficult to figure out what times these hockey games start? What time/channel is the USA vs Canada game?

I agree, finding these games and then figuring out if they're on live or if it's Memorex has been a real pain! It looks like the US-Canada a noon tomorrow on NBCSports, after the first semi, which is Sweden vs. Finland. Go USA!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds