• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Snowiest Month Ever

#305176 7 months, 4 weeks ago
It turns out that I really haven't been complaining over nothing, January 2014 was the snowiest month EVER in Detroit, and the snowiest January ever in Ann Arbor, at about 40 and 39 inches, respectively. I'm not sure that makes me feel much better, but at least I know it's not just some warped, over-anxious perception of mine that's making this winter seem so ugly!

And thanks loads to Puxatawney Phil for seeing his shadow and running away yesterday, I don't really want that extra six weeks he just handed me!! Come on, Spring, PLEASE get here!!!
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

Re: Snowiest Month Ever

#305177 7 months, 4 weeks ago
Looks like we wil have another round of it Tuesday into Wednesday. I've heard everything from 6 to 20". And thats on top of the 1" thick ice. It melted some Saturday then froze that night. Can't even park in the driveway the ice is so thick. Anxious to see what happens next.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#305186 7 months, 4 weeks ago
the fields of the great plaines and north woods have been drought for years> this snow season is a blessing in disguise.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#305187 7 months, 4 weeks ago
post scriptum:

I see no practical reason why it has been below 0 and wind chills of -10 to -60 below for weeks
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#305189 7 months, 4 weeks ago
It is snowing steadily here in NYC and will continue until late afternoon or early evening. My Dave's Picks has left Hebron Kentucky according to USPS tracking. Go Santa, Go Santa, Go Santa . . ..
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#305190 7 months, 4 weeks ago
We're supposed to get more tomorrow, enough so I'll have to stay home from work.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#305191 7 months, 4 weeks ago
When it doesn't snow in the city the temperature goes down to six degrees. What ever happened to global warming?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#305193 7 months, 4 weeks ago
woke up this morning to find it snowing and no work so I fired the deep fryer back up from last night for breakfast.... now I'm ready to go back to bed
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#305194 7 months, 4 weeks ago
A nap after breakfast is a hallmark of true luxury!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#305195 7 months, 4 weeks ago
Snowing heavily here outside of Philly. Apparently this storm will put this winter in the record books -- the first winter ever to have four storms with accumulations of over six inches.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds