• Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: NHL 2014

#328785 3 months, 3 weeks ago
newyawker wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
Is it still hockey season?

21 years ago today I attended one of the most memorable events of my life.

image_2014-06-09-2.jpg

image_2014-06-09-3.jpg

you just dont give up do you Jared!!!!

There's always next year
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#328901 3 months, 3 weeks ago
So what if the Rangers are down 3 games to none. It ain't over till it's over! The Kings came back after being down 3-0 to the Sharks. The fat lady may be tuning up practicing scales and all but she hasn't started singing the blues (yet!)
Go Rangers!!
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by nycdave.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#328913 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
Cant believe NY made it all the way. Now they face the mighty Western Conference.

Ahem ...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#329176 3 months, 3 weeks ago
So the Rangers held off the mighty Western Conference representative (at least for one night), thus avoiding a sweep. This game followed a familiar pattern. After the Rangers took the usual 2 goal lead, LA came storming back. From the point when it became a 2 -1 game, the Kings totally dominated. They outshot (shots on goal) the Rangers 15-1 in the third period. With a 2-1 lead the Rangers did what u r not suppose to do. They went into a defensive shell. Uh LA may have contributed to the lopsided play. They played as well as they had all series. Anyhow LA had only one problem. They could not get the puck past Henrik Lundqvist. He gets all the credit for this one. It ain't over till it's over. Go RaNgErS!!!
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by nycdave. Reason: Go RANGERS
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#329802 3 months, 2 weeks ago
First off, congratulations to the LA Kings. They played very well and deserve the cup.
Now about that team from NYC. From the moment they were down 3 games to 1 to the Pittsburg Penguins till this morning, they played so well! Three overtime games in the Stanley cup finals? OK the results could have worked out a bit better, but still.
Wait till next year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pink11
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds