• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: DSO rather than Furthur? Huh?!

#32085 3 years, 4 months ago
I have been here since '67. It is still a great place to live. Coming to RR shows in September?

"People seeing the beauty of this valley will want to stay, and their staying will be the undoing of the beauty. -Chief Niwot-
DaysBetween
Junior Boarder

#32106 3 years, 4 months ago
I wish!
I will be around the area sometime this summer to visit my friend who owns Mile High Comics. Maybe I will hit you up for some suggestions on places to eat and where I can see live music when I am there.
Peace,
-Steve
Let your life proceed by it's own design....
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#32127 3 years, 4 months ago
MWoods wrote:
killwhyT wrote:
I never thought I'd ever see someone compare a cover band to the real thing. I drove 3000km's last year to catch 3 furthr shows. Think anyone would do that for ANY cover band? ...the fuck outta here....

Who uses kilometers on this side of the pond?

A better question would be who doesn't use metric: US, Liberia and Burma haha
How many yards in a mile again? LMFAO

And who was that niimrod who said DSO sometimes play a show better than the Dead did? Since when is an imitation better than an origiinal. Peace kind bro. haha
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#32128 3 years, 4 months ago
I was just joking with ya man
nwnjsteve
Junior Boarder

#32184 3 years, 4 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
my 2 cents, DSO definitely fills a need when I am jonesing for a show, but it ain't the same as a furthur show. Decent quality music, but something about the deadhead scene is missing. I just saw DSO a month or so ago - lots of nitrous, smoking, possibly dosing (?) but one inside the scene was more reserved (IMO) than with furthur. Personally, I enjoy it when I can funkin gonuts with other like minded folk.

I have been seeing DSO's lead guitarist (Jeff - the Jerry guy) for over 30 years, he used to be the lead guitar player for the Volunteers which turned into the zen tricksters; now Jeff is with Donna's G's band. He's a talented guy, but a bit flakey. I heard he turned down the Jerry spot with Furthur.

It's a bit eerie how Jeff always had a resemblance to Jerry, and now he's added a lot of weight
I don t think he turned down any spot w/ further . jeff did 3 shows w/ phil in the late 90 s and he let him go I believe becouse he sounded to much like jerry at the time i and it wasn t what phil wanted back then but i could be wrong ,just something i heard from a friend that was involved back then.and I ve met jeff a bunch of time s and the sweetest guy you wanna know
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#32275 3 years, 4 months ago
Please do.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#32277 3 years, 4 months ago
DaysBetween wrote:
I wish!
I will be around the area sometime this summer to visit my friend who owns Mile High Comics. Maybe I will hit you up for some suggestions on places to eat and where I can see live music when I am there.
Peace,
-Steve

Please do. RockyGrass Festival in Lyons (about 18 miles away) on 7/29-31. Hope your trip is a good one.
DaysBetween
Junior Boarder

#32333 3 years, 4 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
DaysBetween wrote:
I wish!
Peace,
-Steve

Please do. RockyGrass Festival in Lyons (about 18 miles away) on 7/29-31. Hope your trip is a good one.

Cool, thanks!
Maybe these boards will have PM's by that time and we can chat then.
Peace,
-Steve
Let your life proceed by it's own design....
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#32461 3 years, 4 months ago
Being in Los Angeles, both Furthur and DSO come here infrequently.... I get the opportunity to love the one I'm with....
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by lostsailor.
Annie
Fresh Boarder

#32607 3 years, 4 months ago
>>>>Without the Grateful Dead, there would be no DSO. Without DSO ,there would be no Furthur<<<<<

This could make a nice bumper sticker.

Along with "Jerry would love this band"
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Annie.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds