• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

best way to get from s.f. to mountain view

#29977 3 years, 1 month ago
public transit style. i will be catching a ride down with friend who isnt going to the show, but live up here where i do, but commutes everyweek to s.f.(the economy sucks right now!) anyway, she lives in s.f., and is willing to give me a ride, but im arriving a day early and stayin with her in s.f., so i was wondering if any of you knew of any bus/train/etc. that might get me there and back to s.f. without having to put out my friend who is graciously giving me a ride back home on monday.
any suggestions?
my email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
DL1943
Junior Boarder

Re: best way to get from s.f. to mountain view

#29983 3 years, 1 month ago
caltrain is your best bet. its a decent walk tho, and the last train is usually a little before 11pm on weekdays...which is the furthur shows go anywhere near as long as the dead 09 shows did you will have to miss the encores, AT LEAST, probably more, to make your train. thats about your only option afaik, especially late at night. with budget cutbacks its a bitch to find transit outside of SF after 11 or 12 at night.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#29986 3 years, 1 month ago
BART to Milbrae, thumb it the rest of the way on the 101. Lots of heads around so I'm sure someone will pick you up. I'm staying in Livermore, otherwise, I'd offer you a ride.
All You Need
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#30009 3 years, 1 month ago
caltrain mountain view is only a mile from the venue, thats your best option it will take you all the way to the city (i work across the street from google and shoreline amphitheatre)
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#30018 3 years, 1 month ago
Drive south east til you hit arizona, to new mexico, up through colorado, wyoming, idaho, and oregon, then south thru california until you hit moutain view. DO NOT SHORTCUT THROUGH UTAH.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#30023 3 years, 1 month ago
That's kinda of a long way to get to mountain view, isn't it? Utah would be a much quicker route.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#30108 3 years, 1 month ago
Utah is baaaad mojo.
What day is it that ur tryin to get back to SF, i'm sure there will be plenty heads each day Fri or Sat, an I think theres a shuttle bein set up for Sat.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
franklinstower
Junior Boarder

#30137 3 years, 1 month ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
BART to Milbrae, thumb it the rest of the way on the 101. Lots of heads around so I'm sure someone will pick you up. I'm staying in Livermore, otherwise, I'd offer you a ride.

This is what I am doing upon arrival to SFO....BART to Milbrae and then Caltrain to Mtn View (approx 40 minutes is what I've been told)....(drops you at view & evelyn)
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by franklinstower.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#30521 3 years, 1 month ago
could i just take caltrain to mt. view instead of taking bart to milbrae, cause there is a caltrain depot prettty cllose to where im stayin in s.f.
franklinstower
Junior Boarder

#30553 3 years, 1 month ago
I have no clue. I am from LA and have never been up to SF....I would contact BART and/or Caltran to figure it out.

Good Luck.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds