• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

Re: Quote of the Day !!! C'mon!!!

#32904 2 years, 10 months ago
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones, Abba, ecojaded
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#33171 2 years, 10 months ago
"There's still time to change the road you're on." - Zeppelin
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#33183 2 years, 10 months ago
bokb wrote:
"There's still time to change the road you're on." - Zeppelin

up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#33204 2 years, 10 months ago
i once was lost but now im found
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#33210 2 years, 10 months ago
It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

- Abraham Lincoln
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#33306 2 years, 10 months ago
i aint often right but i never been wrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#33370 2 years, 10 months ago
ancient chinese secret, huh?
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#33434 2 years, 10 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.
Angie D'Annunzio: A looper?
Carl Spackler: A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Still dissecting this one but man that's good
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#33437 2 years, 10 months ago
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones, SunshineSue
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#33469 2 years, 10 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.
Angie D'Annunzio: A looper?
Carl Spackler: A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Still dissecting this one but man that's good

That's from the movie Caddyshack. Carl is the groundskeeper played by Bill Murray. Here's another quote from Carl:

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.
Without love day to day insanity's king
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#33471 2 years, 10 months ago
"fat drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life son"
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#33473 2 years, 10 months ago
Government control gives rise to fraud, suppression of Truth, intensification of the black market and artificial scarcity. Above all, it unmans the people and deprives them of initiative, it undoes the teaching of self-help...I look upon an increase in the power of the State with the greatest fear because, although while apparently doing good by minimizing exploitation, it does the greatest harm to mankind by destroying individuality which lies at the heart of all progress..Gandhi
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.98 seconds