• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Is Phil retiring after this run with Furthur ?

#30153 3 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, he gives us all hope.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#30209 3 years, 1 month ago
ahh the rumor mill hard at work i see
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#30245 3 years, 1 month ago
I first saw the Dead in '78 because the word was "you better hurry because their breaking up"..........$200,000.00 and 500+ Dead and Dead Member Bands shows later and .........WALSTIB

it seems like Phil is gonna focus his energy on the new Terrapin Landing thing, maybe more shows even, once it's done.
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#30271 3 years, 1 month ago
More proof Phil is not leaving the band:

www.dead.net/features/grateful-dead-hour-no-87

"Mickey Hart is interviewed by WHCN afternoon drive personality Lich, who asks (among many other questions) about a rumor that Phil Lesh is planning to leave the band after the October European tour. "There's nothing to these rumors," Mickey replies. "Maybe somebody's out there trying to cause unrest...."

The rumor persisted for a couple of months, until Phil put it to rest in a speech from the stage at Cal Expo in June: "It's a bullshit lie!""
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#30743 3 years, 1 month ago
Only unless Jill tells him he has to ( kiddding). The last several years with the Grateful Dead I don't even think he was plugged in (kidding ? again). PHIL DELIVERS THE GOODS !!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#30750 3 years, 1 month ago
absolutely not, he's got a few tricks up his sleeve
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#36195 3 years, 1 month ago
He may not be retiring, but he's certainly tired of touring, based on his own statements.

Phil and Jill Lesh were posting on ratdog.org on 12/4/2010 (Source: ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=269688 ). Here are some snippets, decide for yourself...

philandjill 12/4/2010:

"We have often thought it would be easier and more fun to have a small venue close to home and retire from the road."

"...it would be a positive thing to be able to make music every week end and go home instead of bouncing around on a bus."

TylerTerrapin asked, "When are we going to get a Railroad Earth - Furthur tour." - philandjill replied, "Don't know about a tour, but when I get that small venue close to home, they will definitely be on the invite list."

Rutil8ed posted this in the same thread on 12/4/2010 as well, even before Phil Lesh announced that Terrapin Landing was based on Levon's Ramble: "I like the idea of you guys smelling the roses and taking the full time show off the road and into a more intimate Bay Area venue. Perhaps a west coast version of Levon's Ramble?"
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#36240 3 years, 1 month ago
Define "retire." From the sounds of things, with Terrapin Landing and TRI, doesn't seem like "retirement" is in either of their futures till they retire to the great gig in the sky. And should they both decide touring has gotten old and/or they get to a point where their bodies and/or minds are fighting the road, I say congrats and have a great life chillin with your families. They don't owe a God damn soul a God damn thing. Sure would be sad for many folks, but hey, they're free to do what they want and I personally would say thank you for doing what they've done so far, from the Warlocks > The Grateful Dead > Other Ones/Ratdog/P&F > The Dead > Furthur, it's been an honor. Now go relax with your friends....
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#36245 3 years, 1 month ago
I hope they can go as long as possible. Without a doubt I wouldnt hesitate to see phill and/or bob in a wheel chair jammmin out wit some acoustic tunes(or whatever their brilliant minds come up wit), or jus lettin loose wit a kazoo n cowbell (a man can wish...lmao =-))

P.S. STOOOOOOKED for terrapin landing. Gonna be one o my regular spots furshur. Gonna go furthur n furhtur n furthur n furhtur.. lol =-)
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by DeadHead420.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#36249 3 years, 1 month ago
Nupsdog wrote:
Define "retire." From the sounds of things, with Terrapin Landing and TRI, doesn't seem like "retirement" is in either of their futures till they retire to the great gig in the sky. And should they both decide touring has gotten old and/or they get to a point where their bodies and/or minds are fighting the road, I say congrats and have a great life chillin with your families. They don't owe a God damn soul a God damn thing. Sure would be sad for many folks, but hey, they're free to do what they want and I personally would say thank you for doing what they've done so far, from the Warlocks > The Grateful Dead > Other Ones/Ratdog/P&F > The Dead > Furthur, it's been an honor. Now go relax with your friends....

...Also mother mcrees uptown jug champions.... lol =-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nupsdog
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds