• Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur in West Valley City, UT 9/28/2011

#30173 3 years, 2 months ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
illuminaughty wrote:
FUCK UTAH.
their pot laws suck, i think they even arrested some of ratdogs road crew last time they played there, for puffin back stage!
i DRIvE AROUND UTAH, mormans have fukd laws.
bet they bust out "salt lake city" for this show.

we where at a gas station and heard a utah state trooper tell the cashier "i gotta go make some busts.. have you seen all the heads comin threw here recently!" the motherfucker even sounded excited

Yeah spent wayyyy toooo much time in Utah in my life that I will never get back, gonna skip that one an keep the fingers crossed for Red Rocks then Greek, maybe a stop at Hard Rock?

As for the state trooper comment, just replace 'heads' with 'non-mormons' and your dead on
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#30184 3 years, 2 months ago
Utah is rad! Just keep your piece out of sight, don't be a dick and enjoy one of the most scenic states in the US
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#30185 3 years, 2 months ago
Def agree with you Splatterface on Utah being one the most scenic states. Some of the best National parks in the US an some great mountains but to see a Furthur Show? I just can't see it workin out in my favor, but to those who go,"May the four winds blow you safely home"
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#30186 3 years, 2 months ago
Just got to make some adjustments....That said, I sure do wish they were playing in Moab or up at the Canyons (ski hill)

Great show from 1983 at Park West which is now the Canyons

www.archive.org/details/gd83-09-04.beyer...unk.10253.sbeok.shnf
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#30198 3 years, 2 months ago
So, that being said....I will guess 9/23-25 (Fri- Sun) for Red Rocks. Red Rocks only has shows scheduled through 9/11. Let the games begin!
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#30200 3 years, 2 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
So, that being said....I will guess 9/23-25 (Fri- Sun) for Red Rocks. Red Rocks only has shows scheduled through 9/11. Let the games begin!

nah those are in Eugene. Red Rocks will most likely be the 30th, 1st & 2nd. Hoping to make it... not a cheap trip though
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#30203 3 years, 2 months ago
ya dont have to party/drugs to enjoy a show been doing it for years,its not the end of the world people,if you cant go one day without you may have a problem just saying..BTW got pulled over yesterday by NY state trooper supposedly speeding/abrupt lane change i gave him my license etc ,he wanted to know where i was coming from i said Dr's you go to the Bronx for the Dr's yup i expected the dogs next as people run drugs from NY to PA i explained the deal how i got hurt and PA don't take comp insurance ,he told me to slow down and let me go with a warning.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
S,lut
Fresh Boarder

#30547 3 years, 2 months ago
I was back stage at that rat dog show in "Park City" no one got busted they did get shook down a bit but nothing came of it! We smoked right in front of the cops and they did nothing + rat dog played quit a few more show not in park city all be it but in SLC with no problems great shows to i have been to alot of different shows in my 20 years of dead but never have i seen cops that are all excited about dead heads some of the worst have been at vegas showand i am from UT and yeah somethings suck and yeah sometimes mormons can be annoying with there holier than thou attitude but they are not the majority here anymore rural utah yes but not in salt lake county we get a bad rap!!
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#30564 3 years, 2 months ago
Yes, it's an ultra-conservative state. Lay low and enjoy the scenery. But, there are a ton of Jackmormons who love to party!
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by JStraw.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#30610 3 years, 2 months ago
We got lucky last year with mid 80's for all three shows. It will probably be snowing if they play in early October. Hoping they play both venues though.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds