• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Ted Nugent Calls Jerry \"a Lump of Shit\"

#297516 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Ted can kiss my ass. and jerrys for that matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, Cub
DrippingColors
Junior Boarder

#297517 7 months, 3 weeks ago
This is the same guy who explicitly stated on stage that he wanted to shove his gun up Hillary Clinton's (expletive deleted). I actually don't think he's entitled to air that opinion, and I wonder why the Republicans and FOX news cater to this sick, cruel and talentless hack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#297519 7 months, 3 weeks ago
dripping colors, those are some beautiful paintings on your website !
they're all very well done !
I love the Jerry paintings!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#297527 7 months, 3 weeks ago
jerry helped to facilitate so much joy in peoples lives and maybe he was no bono in terms of high level media activism but i recall a video posted on this site with jerry speaking to a council of some type in hawaii regarding conservation of some reefs there. what a pos sticking up for that. no headline there but he didnt have to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, DrippingColors
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#297602 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Take this from its source. TN is an overzealous bore. A has been that never was. I would leave my house if he was playing across the street. To hear a person just blurt that out of nowhere makes me realize it would be much better if he was never born.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#297828 7 months, 3 weeks ago
100 years from now people will still be listening to Jerry's music and wearing his t-shirts, while no one will have ever heard of Ted. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I heard a Ted song (not even on commercial radio) or anyone speak of him and don't recall ever seeing a Ted t-shirt. Ted has been irrelevant for decades.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, newyawker
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#297868 7 months, 3 weeks ago
I'll opt to believe someone like Bob Dylan, who shared a stage with Jerry. His quote:

There's no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don't think any eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great, much more than a superb musician, with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He's the very spirit personified of whatever is Muddy River country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal. To me he wasn't only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he'll ever know. There's a lot of spaces and advances between The Carter Family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman, a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. There's no way to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, ChefArugula
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#297976 7 months, 3 weeks ago
thanks for that.
the list of people who offered their praise of jerry and his body of work was a long one to be sure, everyone from Dylan to Pres. Clinton to Carlos Santana and many others spoke out very eloquently on the man and his music
when Ted dies people might throw a partyAcidTestGraduate wrote:
I'll opt to believe someone like Bob Dylan, who shared a stage with Jerry. His quote:

There's no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don't think any eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great, much more than a superb musician, with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He's the very spirit personified of whatever is Muddy River country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal. To me he wasn't only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he'll ever know. There's a lot of spaces and advances between The Carter Family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman, a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. There's no way to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#298009 7 months, 3 weeks ago
If it wasn't for all the media attention to the NRA and gun control, Ted would be as relevant as Foghat or Loverboy in today's society ( I like a couple Foghat tunes, don't give a shit what their political views are because NOBODY ASKED THEM)

-- smell every flower --
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds