ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

Today in GD History 11/23

#296625 9 months ago
GD history 11/23 - 6 shows

1966 (Wed) Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
*(Private Thanksgiving party)*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1968 (Sat) Memorial Auditorium, Ohio University, Athens, OH
*(First show with Tom Constanten)*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1970 (Mon) Anderson Theatre, New York, NY
Casey Jones, FOTD, Cold Rain, King Bee, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Mama Tried, Truckin*> Drums> Other One*, Hard To Handle, Big RxR Blues, NFA**> GDTRFB**> NFA**, Uncle John, Lovelight
*with Will Scarlet on harmonica **with Winwood, Capaldi, Wood and Ramblin' Jack Elliot"Uncle John" may have been the encore; "Lovelight" may not have been performed - $2 benefit for the NYC Hell's Angels - also: NRPS
1973 (Fri) County Coliseum, El Paso, TX
Set 1:Bertha ; Mexicali Blues ; Deal ; Looks Like Rain ; Don't Ease Me In ; The Race Is On ; Loser ; Jack Straw ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; El Paso ; Tennessee Jed ; Big River ; Row Jimmy ; Weather Report Suite Prelude > Weather Report Suite Part 1 > Let It Grow

Set 2:Greatest Story Ever Told ; Sugaree ; Me And Bobby McGee ; He's Gone > Truckin' > The Other One > Space > Me And My Uncle ; Eyes Of The World ; Around And Around > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > Casey Jones
Johnny B. Goode
Played by DSO: 2/26/2003 at Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach, CA
1978 (Thu) Capital Centre, Landover, MD
Set 1:Half Step Franklin's Minglewood Stagger Lee L. L. Rain Tennessee Jed Passenger B. E. Women Music
Set 2:Samson FOTD Dancin Terrapin Playin Drumz Shakedown Street Playin Around
U.S. Blues
Played by DSO: 3/9/2000 at Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR
1979 (Fri) Golden Hall, Community Concourse, San Diego, CA
Set 1:Alabama Promised TLEO Me & My Uncle Big River High Time Minglewood Stagger Lee Easy to Love You L. L. Rain Deal
Set 2:Music Sugaree Estimated> Eyes Drumz NFA Black Peter Good Lovin
U. S. Blues
Played by DSO: 5/27/2000 at Madison Theater, Peoria, IL
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Today in GD History 11/23

#296705 9 months ago
1978, right before the US Blues encore Bob says - Sorry about the Redskins.

The 1978 Redskins started the season 6-0 and then proceeded to go 2-8 losing their last 5 to miss the playoffs. The first year the NFL went from 14 to 16 games.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds