• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

Re: He's Gone

#296518 11 months ago
Oh man, I am soo sorry for your loss. He's a beautiful boy and as a long time pug owner, your last post just tore me up. I just broke down to tears reading it here at work.

You know he was loved and most importantly...HE knows he was loved, and that's all our fuzzy children want from us, right?

My sincerest condolences.....rest in peace little puggy
The following user(s) said Thank You: theotherone
theotherone
Junior Boarder

#296529 11 months ago
Equinox wrote:
theotherone wrote:
How is it that you can grieve more over the loss of a dog more than some humans I know ?

Because the love of an animal (dog, cat, horse, whatever) is so much more direct. There's none of the games, the disappointments, the anxieties that come with loving another human being. Even the greatest of those loves -- parent and child, husband and wife -- can often involve a lot of pain. It doesn't make that love any less valid, just more difficult. It's human nature. Animals are easier to love. And since I think most people want to give love and have it be accepted, the relationships we form with animals can be incredibly fulfilling.

Wow, that says it all right there. Thanks !
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#296555 11 months ago
Im really sad to hear this otherone. I have a golden retriever who is getting up there and she has trouble walking, it is sad.

The love of a pet towards their human family is the best example of unconditional love.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#296565 11 months ago
Sorry for your loss.

I'm another one who loves my dog like a person. Lost the best dog ever last year.

Jade told me this and it was most helpful.

With time you'll feel better.

Plus the dog will always love you and you will always love him.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

#296591 11 months ago
Yes, love for a pet is unconditional and visa versa. Lost a kitty this summer. Grieved for her more than I ever imagined I would. We, too, had to put her down. Very hard, but a very compassionate thing to do. Time does heal. Peace.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#296638 11 months ago
I feel for your loss. One of my best friends is going thru the same thing right now with his Rottweiler. Some type of tumor in his throat, and the same prognosis. In your time of grief just remember that if you didn't have all the good times in the past with him then you wouldn't be missing him so much now. It's the love that causes the pain, so rejoice in your love for him, and his love for you!

(((Strength, Healing, & Love for all)))
Takin' it in stride!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#296640 11 months ago
((((((Bob and Family))))))

It is true that there is no greater example of unconditional love than from your dog. It is so sad we outlive them yet I always feel blessed for each day they are in my life.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds