• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theotherone
Junior Boarder

He's Gone

#296466 10 months ago
bob.jpg

Lost a beloved member of our family Monday when Bob passed on....& while his brother Buddy & our other dog Daisy are still around....sure is quiet in the house the last few days.
How is it that you can grieve more over the loss of a dog more than some humans I know ?
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: He's Gone

#296467 10 months ago
Sorry for your loss
(((((Bob)))))
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: theotherone
Chester
More or less in line

#296471 10 months ago
My condolences. Really cute looking dog. I'm sure he will be missed. Hope your other doggies aren't too sad. Hang in there.
(((((((R.I.P. Bob)))))))
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#296473 10 months ago
I'm so sorry Bob is gone!! It's heartbreaking losing a member of the family, even with other fuzzy ones around to help. You've got all my sympathy!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#296477 10 months ago
Sorry to hear about Bob. Losing a pet is always tough, hang in there.

(((((Bob)))))
-- smell every flower --
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

#296496 10 months ago
(((( the Other One )))) To answer your question, some dogs show us more love than some of the humans we know....

Go ahead and grieve now, Bob's Spirit will always be in your memories, to be recalled whenever needed. Peace now!
Last Edit: 10 months ago by ChefArugula.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#296499 10 months ago
theotherone wrote:
How is it that you can grieve more over the loss of a dog more than some humans I know ?

Because the love of an animal (dog, cat, horse, whatever) is so much more direct. There's none of the games, the disappointments, the anxieties that come with loving another human being. Even the greatest of those loves -- parent and child, husband and wife -- can often involve a lot of pain. It doesn't make that love any less valid, just more difficult. It's human nature. Animals are easier to love. And since I think most people want to give love and have it be accepted, the relationships we form with animals can be incredibly fulfilling.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, theotherone
theotherone
Junior Boarder

#296509 9 months, 4 weeks ago
Thanks one & all for the kind words. What made this such a devastating blow is that overnight last weekend, Bob developed a huge (almost the size of a tennis ball!!) lump on the left side of his neck...other than a raspy cough when he got excited, he seemed fine. Took him to the vet Monday morning & they determined it was a blood from internal bleeding due to advanced lymphatic cancer.
With massive steroids & chemotherapy, he might last a couple months, but his quality of life would be miserable. Without treatment, he could go in a couple days to two weeks....he would either bleed out internally or the growth would close his windpipe. Neither of those were acceptable options, so we faced the fact that it was Bob's time to go.
We've never had to have a dog put down before, & I never thought I'd be able to do it, but the thought of watching him go through this tore me up worse than the pain I would feel at his passing.
In retrospect, it was the right thing to do. We are also blessed to have an angel for a Vet, who has cared for Bob his whole life. Our last moments spent with Bob were wonderful, playing with him on the floor & feeding him more treats than he'd ever had in one session in his life.
Bob was a handful & could be a pain in the ass, but even when he did something that pissed you off, you had to laugh at his antics. Like Jerry said about Cassidy, "He was the total communicator", you could carry on a conversation with Bob without saying a word, just looking into each others eyes.
So life goes on & time heals all wounds...it gets a little better every day. Our other two dogs are noticeably mourning as well, but are getting lots of extra love & attention.
Bob's brother, Buddy, had a rough couple nights the first two nights he was alone in their crate. They were littermates & have been together since birth. That first night, I was awakened about every hour to the sounds of a soft howl coming from the bedroom their crate is in. Tore my heart out. But he's getting better too.
Again, thanks for the kind words

Bob & Buddy....

Buddybob.jpg

Peace
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, ChefArugula
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#296510 9 months, 4 weeks ago
so sorry for your loss I miss my 2 boy cats everyday lost one this year and the other last summer it is never easy but when it is time it is .hopefully time will heal .
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#296512 9 months, 4 weeks ago
Hmmmm, hard thing It is, best thoughts for you.

J
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds