• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

the businesses we support

#296256 9 months ago
Instead of Raises, McDonald\'s Tells Workers to Sign Up for Food Stamps
www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2013/10...n-food-stamps/70881/

Walmart Seeks Food Donations to Help Needy Employees
business.time.com/2013/11/18/walmart-see...elp-needy-employees/
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

Re: the businesses we support

#296257 9 months ago
I think the Wal-Mart employees should fill their own collection baskets....Right off the stores shelves!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#296263 9 months ago
Hardly ever shop at Walmart. Can't remember the last time I was at a McDonald's but I know it's been a number of years.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#296285 9 months ago
Thank you for posting this, I was appalled when I saw this story. Unfortunately, not surprised, given Walmart's track record, but completely appalled. What really struck me was on the same day that Walmart requested food donations for it's employees instead of paying them a living wage, was seeing the report that the Walmart family heirs, the Walton family, HAVE AS MUCH WEALTH AS THE ENTIRE BOTTOM 40% OF THIS COUNTRY (thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/07/17/534...eirs-wealth-combined). Anyone want to say that we don't have an income inequality problem in this country??

So please think twice before shopping at Walmart, they certainly don't support American values, at least not mine! And while you're at it, if you're ordering pizza, please remember that Papa John didn't think it was worth 12 cents per every large pizza to provide health care to his employees. Another man who I refuse to subsidize with my consumer dollars.

Last Edit: 9 months ago by SunshineSue.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#296287 9 months ago
It really does seem like we're going back to the 19th century.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#296315 9 months ago
i went to mcdonalds for lunch today...it was inexpensive, tasty and filling...spare me your phony outrage and armchair activism
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#296322 9 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
i went to mcdonalds for lunch today...it was inexpensive, tasty and filling...spare me your phony outrage and armchair activism

Fine, you can spend your money however you want. But I think of my dollars spent as a statement, and I choose to avoid businesses that don't have policies that fit with my personal beliefs, or at least as much as possible. I can't remember the last time I set foot in a Walmart or ate a fast food hamburger, and I've walked out of numerous restaurants and bars that have refused to turn Fox News off their TVs. So if you disagree, that's fine. But don't you dare accuse me of having "phony" outrage or not walking the talk, because you're simply wrong!!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#296325 9 months ago
Mcdonalds in cali have to hang up signs that say their products cause cancer like cigerrrets. they shoould make McCigars.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#296336 9 months ago

What did you order?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#296339 9 months ago
ecojaded wrote:

What did you order?
McContrarian Rhetoric with a side of McAdolescent Antagonism. Nothing unique from no one special.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds