• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

last show in CT

#29602 3 years, 4 months ago
why did the GD stop playing in CT after 1990? did it have to do with the scene? - up until then they played several shows a year in CT, and they were always good (judging from recordings - I never saw the GD).

I'm listening to the last show they played here now 3/19/90 Hartford Civic Center and its pretty damn good so far (i'm only on Picasso Moon at the moment) .... apparently this show has the last fast paced Eyes of the World.

sound board....

www.archive.org/details/gd1990-03-19.mtx...sokolow.97024.flac16
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: last show in CT

#29603 3 years, 4 months ago
they probably outgrew the city and couldn't play there because of the size the scene
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29604 3 years, 4 months ago
sounds about right. I think I heard stories of them not letting people camp one year and there being heads all over the city
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29652 3 years, 4 months ago
i was there in 87 i believe .it was a great time,my friend had just returned from thailand .the heads overran the place the locals probably had enough.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#29725 3 years, 4 months ago
the venue is also right across from the state capital.... so they didn't appreciate being overrun with heads.

It was my understanding that after 1987 they were baned, but somehow got two shows slipped in somehow (we heard promises of increased security, no camping, etc... ). I caught one of the two shows and had a fun time....

You could only buy the tickets locally and they were pretty much last minute sales, too, as a precaution.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29759 3 years, 4 months ago
maybe it was after 88' they were banned besides the two 90's shows because these were there last times here...

03/26/87- Hartford Civic Center - Hartford, CT
03/27/87- Hartford Civic Center - Hartford, CT
04/03/88- Hartford Civic Center - Hartford, CT
04/04/88- Hartford Civic Center - Hartford, CT
04/05/88- Hartford Civic Center - Hartford, CT
03/18/90- Hartford Civic Center - Hartford, CT
03/19/90- Hartford Civic Center - Hartford, CT

It seemed to me like heads over ran again in 2009 when The Dead played there.... That may have been the first time since 90' that Bobby and/or Phil played there, I know they played The Meadows in Hartford though (Ratdog, Phil and Friends)
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by MushroomMan.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds