• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
pink11
Platinum Boarder

STONES IN THE CITY

#294304 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Wow I think anyone with tickets to those cutting room shows are in for an amazing treat!

I am a wee jealous, but am grateful to have the Rob streams and I console myself thinking I saw the stones at Cap theatre Pc front row and also at Radio City MH, (way upstairs) .

Wow, it's gonna be good though. and a late show, so those at P & F can always wander over later.

What a night in NYC!!

By the way, streaming is really easy if you have an iphone and enjoy Robs streams and are lucky to be at Ron Wood, Mick Taylor and SPECIAL GUESTS tonight, good opportunity to pay it forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, deadegad
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Re: STONES IN THE CITY

#294351 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I got lucky and got into The Stones Roseland show some years back. They played well end especially well when Ron played lead. Unfortunately, I did not catch them with Taylor.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#294383 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Don't want to burst anyones bubble and I would "almost" kill to be there.. but it aint gonna be the Stones. Its Ronnie Woods band "featuring" Mick Taylor. Damn aint that enough!!!!! Here's the setlist form 11/1 heavy on blues - no stones:

Here's the setlist:

Natural Born Lover
Let's Get Together
Baby What You Want
Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
Big Boss Man (with Bobby Womack)
Bright Lights (With Bobby Womack)
High and Lonesome
Mr. Luck
Blue Carnegie
I'm That Man Down
Nowhere To Go (with Mick Hucknall)
I Ain't Got You
Shame Shame (with Paul Weller)
You Don't Have To Go
Honest I Do
Roll and Rumba
Upside Your Head
Going to New York
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser, pink11
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#294486 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Wot hanks for the setlislooks great
You Are so lucky
Bobby Womack is awesome
Saw him at the 5 spot once
Typing on phone
Sorry for goofs

Still think hope for muck and Keith to show
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#294487 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I misread your post
I see thAt was an older selist
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#294495 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I was at the Cutting Room last night and that was basically the set list they played. There were no Stones songs, no solo Ronnie tunes and I think that was just as well. For all their hits, people tend to forget that at heart, the Stones are essentially a blues band. They played a massive part in launching the blues revival that's still going on today. To watch their two surviving lead guitarists play nothing but the blues was an absolute treat.

The list was probably a little shorter than the show in London. Those guys only played an hour, at most, with no encore. Considering the ticket prices that wasn't particularly cool. This show was almost an afterthought, though. It was only added this week and really seemed like kind of a warm up for a second show last night that was a private party and apparently went on much longer.

So I could complain but not that much and here's why: Of the approximately 40 times I've seen Ronnie live this was the first time I've really seen him jam. And he did stretch out, easily holding his own with Mick Taylor who was brilliant as ever. In fact, Ronnie played his ass off. So, yeah, I'm not real happy about the short set but I have a feeling that as time goes by, it's the fireworks I'll remember.

And I'm really looking forward to Saturday!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, pink11
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#294588 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the review!

we were very curious.

Sounded great!

Have fun Saturday night.