• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2464

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293446 10 months, 4 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
Damn Phil what did you do, sell your soul to the devil? Not that I have anything against Peter Shapiro but geez louise. I hope he becomes a little more flexible than only playing for Shapiro Inc.


You can always go to TXR
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2252

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293448 10 months, 4 weeks ago
When I first read this while passenging home late last night, I thought it said Phil was playing with Madonna!

Its nice that this was released after so many were shut out of New years at TXR. Helps to ease that pain.

It doesn't sound like any P&F shows at Broomfield which makes me sad. I had a great time there. Not sure I want to travel to NY... guess it depends on timing and the line up. But at least TXR is only about a 9 hour drive away.

Does it sounds like only one show planned for Vegas - on 4/20? Is this for the opening of the new "Brooklyn Bowl West"? Anyone? Anyone?

And of those who went to Lock'n last year -- would you go again?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4213
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293451 10 months, 4 weeks ago
amusingdeva wrote:
When I first read this while passenging home late last night, I thought it said Phil was playing with Madonna!

Its nice that this was released after so many were shut out of New years at TXR. Helps to ease that pain.

It doesn't sound like any P&F shows at Broomfield which makes me sad. I had a great time there. Not sure I want to travel to NY... guess it depends on timing and the line up. But at least TXR is only about a 9 hour drive away.

Does it sounds like only one show planned for Vegas - on 4/20? Is this for the opening of the new "Brooklyn Bowl West"? Anyone? Anyone?

And of those who went to Lock'n last year -- would you go again?

yes
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7585
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293453 10 months, 4 weeks ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Damn Phil what did you do, sell your soul to the devil? Not that I have anything against Peter Shapiro but geez louise. I hope he becomes a little more flexible than only playing for Shapiro Inc.


You can always go to TXR


Really?? Cool. Can I borrow your private jet?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3204
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293455 10 months, 4 weeks ago
Field Of Dreams:
"If you build it they will come"
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2464

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293456 10 months, 4 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
rippleish20 wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Damn Phil what did you do, sell your soul to the devil? Not that I have anything against Peter Shapiro but geez louise. I hope he becomes a little more flexible than only playing for Shapiro Inc.


You can always go to TXR


Really?? Cool. Can I borrow your private jet?


I simply meant that TXR shows are not controlled by Shapiro. No need for the sarcasm.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4213
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293457 10 months, 4 weeks ago
I did two Furthur shows at the Cap in Apr and I loved the venue. The cops were cool with Shakedown including drinking beers from cups. Its a 6 hour drive from DC, I stayed at the Marriot which was pricy but with a Govt disc it was priced OK. Its a 20 min walk to the venue although the area late at night on weekends is a little questionable.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7585
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293459 10 months, 4 weeks ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
rippleish20 wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Damn Phil what did you do, sell your soul to the devil? Not that I have anything against Peter Shapiro but geez louise. I hope he becomes a little more flexible than only playing for Shapiro Inc.


You can always go to TXR


Really?? Cool. Can I borrow your private jet?


I simply meant that TXR shows are not controlled by Shapiro. No need for the sarcasm.


I know man I read the article. Sarcasm is my middle name sorry you got upset.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33482
More or less in line

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293466 10 months, 4 weeks ago
Outside of TXR, he will do 45 shows. 30 are at the Cap Theater. 4 or 5 others, in various venues or festivals.
That still leaves 10 shows. I saw nothing about him not playing Broomfield. He's talking about residencies. Why
couldn't Broomfield be one? I guess we'll find out soon enough. He just doesn't want to do large tours of one night
stands. That I can understand. Plus the shows we'll get at TXR. Phil could still be doing 60 or 70 shows a year.
Not exactly retirement. We will get our Phil.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3204
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Ex-Bassist for the Grateful Dead Strikes a Deal

#293467 10 months, 4 weeks ago
Leaves 10 shows unaccounted for!?

(((((((Lebanon KS)))))))))
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds