• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

jam between mexicali and quinn 2011-04-01

#29304 3 years, 1 month ago
www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-04-0...schman.113490.flac16

haha this recording actually cites it as a "stretch the set jam" which it actually was, you could see the looks after mexicali was ending that it had only been about 49 minutes since the set started

but the jam is actually pretty gnarly they are forced to really head into complete improvisation, taking a couple seconds to get going but eventually JK busts it open and they go spelunking in the caves...on the backend you can hear some slight slipnknot runs...segues perfectly into mighty quinn...both tunes were debuts for furthur
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: jam between mexicali and quinn 2011-04-01

#29308 3 years, 1 month ago
I tought that jam was amazing. I was there and it seemed confusing but that lead up to an amazing Quinn.
GOOD LOVE
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#29385 3 years, 1 month ago
brokenarrow wrote:
I thought that jam was amazing. I was there and it seemed confusing but that lead up to an amazing Quinn.

agree with both of you. Also heard Viola and China Cat teases in there. Also 'Fool in the Rain' was a first - 3 firsts in one show! Loved the purposefully obvious Good Lovin tease too. Both 'Mexicali Blues" and 'Quinn the Eskimo' were nicely executed imo. Not only did that jam stretch the set, but aloud them to find a 'space' to interact outside of the songs - stretched themselves.
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#30774 3 years, 1 month ago
Bump for Furthur review.................Lost among the flotsam and jetsam threads.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#30811 3 years, 1 month ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Bump for Furthur review.................Lost among the flotsam and jetsam threads.

hahah the thread lives on i forgot about it...flotsam, hilarious---i didnt see the comment before yours either terrapin
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds