• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Lockn 2014

#322709 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Drive-By Truckers has been added

DBT.jpg

Rolling Stone called the Drive-By Truckers "the boldest, baddest Southern band in the land" and the band has been living up to that moniker for the last decade. The band fuses solid musicianship with lyrics that tell real stories "They let the songwriting speak for itself, and it sings loud and clear"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#322722 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Now we know JK and Chris Robinson will be there, maybe a couple of Phils friends? I really wish i knew his lineup!!!
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#322826 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Larry Keel & Sam Bush have been added

LS.jpg

Larry Keel is described by some reviewers as the most powerful, innovative and all-out exhilarating acoustic flatpicking guitarist performing today. Keel has absorbed the best lessons from his Bluegrass family upbringing, both sides deeply steeped in the rich mountain music culture and heritage of Southwest Virginia. From there, he has always integrated that solid musical grounding and natural-born talent with his own incomparable approach to flatpicking the guitar and composing original music. He's also got a knack for choosing interesting and appealing material from all realms of music with guts, whether it's a tune written by a fellow song-writer/musician friend, or a tasty cover from any number of genres all over the map. The combination is pretty irresistible, and has earned Keel the highest respect and billing among the top acoustic musicians alive, and some now gone.

Grammy Award winning multi-instrumentalist Sam Bush is alternatively known as the King of Telluride and the King of Newgrass, and has been honored by the Americana Music Association and the International Bluegrass Music Association. Though Bush is best known for jaw-dropping skills on the mandolin, he is also a three time national junior fiddle champion and Grammy award winning vocalist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#322855 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Tshirt ideas
LocknSockn ROBOTS
RocknLockn
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#322916 4 months, 3 weeks ago
917586.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bxorain, kevin, Strider1, Bacon Rocks
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#322918 4 months, 3 weeks ago
RUSSO!!!!!!!!!

thanx, i feel better now!!!
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#322925 4 months, 3 weeks ago
so P&F could be furthur under a diff. moniker since theywill all be there now.
i doubt that will be the official lineup of P&F BUT,
will Furthur reincarnate in some form at LockN?
hmmm.
now since they are holding out till '15 for billy and mick to join in for the real cash cow,BUT this COULd be the the best chance of seeing furthur reuniting on stage minus the backup vocals, though if sunshine gets added in some form that would rule, her vocals on passenger are worth it alone.

food for thought

ITS NOT FAIR THAT THE EAST COAST GETS THE CAP AKA TXR EAST BUT THE WEST COAST HAS NOTHING TO COMPARE THIS oh wait hardley strictly. nevermind, diff. beast but wouldnt trade it for the world.
Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by illuminaughty.
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#322944 4 months, 3 weeks ago
I couldn't be more pumped for this...on top of Russo, Benevento and JK presumably playing with Phil we also get them doing their own thing too. Adding a little Zep to this fest is like putting a little tobacco on the tuna...perfect!!! The only issue here is I don't see a break in the action to catch a little action... It just keeps getting better!!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#322952 4 months, 3 weeks ago
PSYCHED for Bustle and the other 20 or so additional acts, hardest part will be deciding who not to see

decisions, decisions ...........................
-- smell every flower --
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#323085 4 months, 3 weeks ago

TTB.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds