• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Lockn 2014

#292579 9 months ago
image_2013-11-01.jpg

Email I got today

Thank you for attending Lockn' Festival last year, you took a chance on us and we're grateful! I'm writing to let you know that we're launching Lockn' II in 2014. As a 2013 Lockn' Festival ticket buyer you're a Lockn' 'Lumni member and can buy tickets while they last for $199 each; the regular price is $249. These tickets will go on sale in a week, and like last year we'll be announcing the bands as we book them.

After a few months of extensive after-action-review, we intend to improve and tweak several things. However, we're not changing the things that worked. We've read all of your comments/responses, and for 2014 we will again feature fewer bands performing multiple nights one at a time, unique artist collaborations, good food, good drink, and good vibes. Peter and I will do our very best to book and present a show we'd like to see and attend. Hope to see you out in the crowd.

Thanks again,

Dave & Pete
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, Strider1
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Lockn 2014

#298641 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Maybe we will get to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse at Lockn next year

From Rolling Stone:

Neil Young's 2014 touring plans are beginning to come into focus. In January he will follow up his four-night stand at Carnegie Hall in New York with four Canadian shows (featuring special guest Diana Krall) to raise money for the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation Legal Defense Fund. In the summer, he will return to Europe with Crazy Horse to make up some of the dates they canceled last summer after guitarist Frank "Poncho" Sampedro suffered a hand injury.

Dates are just beginning to come in for Young's European summer tour with Crazy Horse. They will play London's Hyde Park on July 12th and there are reports of a show in Ulm, Germany, on July 20th.

It's unclear whether or not they plan on making up the canceled North American dates from earlier this year
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, kevin, Strider1, pink11
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#298647 7 months, 3 weeks ago
I already purchased my tickets for 2014. Birthday weekend, if they can get a majority of the bands that played (or were scheduled) in 2013, it will totally be worth it. Anyone go last year? I'm planning on bringing my bike to make the trek from camp to stage a little easier. Any suggestions or advice are appreciated

Cheers !!!
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 7 months, 3 weeks ago by kevin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#298735 7 months, 3 weeks ago
kevin wrote:
I already purchased my tickets for 2014. Birthday weekend, if they can get a majority of the bands that played (or were scheduled) in 2013, it will totally be worth it. Anyone go last year? I'm planning on bringing my bike to make the trek from camp to stage a little easier. Any suggestions or advice are appreciated

Cheers !!!

Kevin. I went last year and had a blast! I brought a bike with me and it helped immensely. Loved being able to cruise around the campsites and enjoy the beautiful weather. I would recommend a bike to anyone going, but you'll probably want it to be a hybrid or trail bike, because an old school 10 speed's tires would be trashed by the terrain. If there is any way I can swing it, I will be going again in 2014. Highly recommended.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#298766 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks Brian, my Mongoose is ready for action.
I'm hoping Phil's reference to him and Bobby doing "something" together in 2014 will at least be Ratdog and PL&F at Interlocken 2014 (plus Vibes, Allgood, etc.) Hoping to see you and many other FFF there.
I'm also presuming Ratdog will do a summer tour also so maybe we can all meet up before next September
As Frankie at GDTS says:

"CHEERS"
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#298767 7 months, 3 weeks ago
I went just for the Sunday show, but next year I'm ALL IN, I heard the stories so a bike sounds like a great idea.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#302447 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Widespread Panic has confirmed that they will be performing two nights at Lockn, more band announcements later this week!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#302512 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Island Head wrote:
Widespread Panic has confirmed that they will be performing two nights at Lockn, more band announcements later this week!

another band announced today:

We are excited to announce that the Allman Brothers Band will be featured at Lockn' Festival this year
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#302513 6 months, 2 weeks ago
The Allman Brothers just announced they be at Lockn. I bet Ratdog will be the next to announce!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kevin, pink11
Chester
More or less in line

#302523 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Warren, WSP, Phil and friends, and the Allman brothers. Yup, shaping up to be another amazing festival.
Not sure if I can make it this year, but I'd like to.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pink11
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds