• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

Bobby weir solo Acoustic tonight was insane

#29210 3 years, 2 months ago
Just got back to the hotey from the throckmorton and man that had to be one of the best shows I have been to. The venue held 150 people and what an intimate show it was. The whols right side of the venue was tour kids shaking down and boggywoogyin. Bobby was spot on other than forgetting the words to Big bad Blues and he had to cut it off lol.

a nice treat was Bobbys Daughter is actually came out and sang a song while bobby played guitar. It wasnt a dead song or anything like that. It was actually a currect radio song my girlfriend said. But man that girl takes after her father in the since that she can sing so powerfully and gracefully at the same time. It was over all a insane show and at many points in the night bobby was looking directly in my eyes and singing. and that feeling is just unexplainably unexplainable

Im sticking around the bay area till Shoreline so se you heads there
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Smiley from Texas.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: Bobby weir solo Acoustic tonight was insane

#29212 3 years, 2 months ago
Glad to hear the show was good, and that you had a great time.
hopefully the mini tour will be a success and bobby will be encouraged enough to do a proper string of dates
I'm sure heads would come out in droves to check it out
Did you get a setlist ?
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by the highway terror.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29227 3 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for the review - I can't wait for Pittsfield and the long awaited 8/7 announcement......
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29236 3 years, 2 months ago
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, DaysBetween
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#29241 3 years, 2 months ago
sounds neat, good for you...makes me want to maybe hit the pittsfield show...is it sold out?? the cost was the biggest deterrent for me when it was announced but that is no longer an issue
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#29242 3 years, 2 months ago
smiley---how did bobby handle that el paso???
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#29243 3 years, 2 months ago
Bob needs to extend his solo tour
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#29246 3 years, 2 months ago
5/28/2011 Throckmorton Theatre, Mill Valley, CA
I: Hell in a Bucket, Twilight Time, Lost Sailor > Saint of Circumstance, Little Red Rooster, Blackbird, El Paso, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Rolling In The Deep*
II: Big Bad Blues, Friend of the Devil, Ashes and Glass, A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, Not Fade Away
E: Ripple
Bob solo acoustic; *-w/ Monet Weir
Benefit for Ring Mountain Day School; Thanks Dave Clark

From Wiki

"Rolling in the Deep" is a song by English singer-songwriter Adele from her second studio album, 21. The song was written by Adele and Paul Epworth and has been described by Adele as a "dark blues-y gospel disco tune".[1] It was released as the lead single on 29 November 2010 in the Netherlands. "Rolling in the Deep'" became Adele's first number-one single and first top five hit in several countries.

The song has been positively received by music critics. It peaked at number one in Belgium, Canada, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Switzerland, and became a top ten hit in Austria, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, and Norway. The song debuted at number two in the United Kingdom, becoming Adele's third top ten single.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29254 3 years, 2 months ago
wow thats an awesome set, I really can't wait for Pittsfield..... It is sold out wlewis but..... he still hasn't announced his 8/7 solo acoustic date which was rumored a couple weeks ago to be Westbury - the spot is still open there, but then someone said something about there being a festival in Maine the day after his Portaland show so it could be there. I hope its a NY show. --- It took me 45 minutes to get through the day Pittsfield went on sale, and I kept an eye on ticket sales - most seats sold the first day and then there were periodic seats for less then a week before the whole place sold out (only holds 700 people)

So it looks like the acoustic shows will be 2 sets.... nice! (the extra time helps when you gotta drive home after the show

it would be real nice if these shows were available with the "buy it tonight, get it tonight" thing - was last nights show available to buy?
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds