• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
TCarr
Fresh Boarder

Request of Furthur re New Year's 2013/14

#290796 1 year ago
Hello All,

I have a request of Furthur...

Please, please provide us with some info about New Year's 2013/14. Perhaps you feel it self-evident, but your hiatus announcement says "After the four night Furthur run in Mexico in January, the band will take the rest of 2014 off", which does not include New Year's 2013/14, so it's not so clear.

I'm sure I can't be the only person out here that really wants a New Year's run, but would rather see an announcement saying no New Year's shows this year than to continue being overly anxious about getting tickets, a hotel room, and transportation at this late date. Last year I bought tickets on October 19, but we don't even have an "official" announcement yet. I saw people discussing deposits they were going to lose a month ago, but still no announcement.

We happily buy your tickets, but we really need an announcement so we can make our New Year's plans. Hopefully, before we can't get airline holiday season seats and hotel rooms. So how about it, please make an announcement, one way or another...

Thanks,

Tom Carr
Los Angeles, CA
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Request of Furthur re New Year's 2013/14

#290798 1 year ago

Official Announcement:
NO FURTHUR NYE

Spend your hard earned at TXR
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by ecojaded.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#290799 1 year ago
JK issued this statement on Facebook " Its true: there will be no Furthur NYE shows this year, and after the four shows in Mexico in January we will be taking a hiatus for the rest of 2014." . What exactly makes you wonder if there are going to be NY shows?
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#290800 1 year ago
I would like to see Furthur play a New York City and San Francisco area residency after Mexico because let's face it getting to Mexico is not easy.

If Furthur is going on 'Hiatus" an NYC & S.F. run makes more sense and is of course much more practical.

Bob, Phil, Management, please seriously consider this.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#290923 1 year ago
rippleish20 wrote:
JK issued this statement on Facebook " Its true: there will be no Furthur NYE shows this year, and after the four shows in Mexico in January we will be taking a hiatus for the rest of 2014." . What exactly makes you wonder if there are going to be NY shows?

Did you see that John also said: " By all accounts there is good reason to keep your fingers crossed for 2015"
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 3.00 seconds