ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

Today in GD History 10/11

#290039 11 months, 3 weeks ago
GD history 10/11 - 9 shows

1968 (Fri) Avalon Ballroom, San Francisco, CA
*(Also: Lee Michaels; Linn County; Mance Lipscomb)*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1970 (Sun) Paterson State College, Paterson, NJ
Casey Jones, Hurts Me Too, Mama Tried, Till the Morning Comes, Dancin', Dew, BIODTL, China> Rider, Dark Star> Stephen> NFA> GDTRFB> NFA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1977 (Tue) Lloyd Noble Center, U Of Ok., Norman, OK
Set 1:Help> Slipknot> Franklin's Jack Straw Peggy-O El Paso Sunrise Deal Let it Grow
Set 2:Dancin Dire Wolf Estimated> Eyes NFA Wharf Rat Around
Played by DSO: 9/29/1999 at Martyrs', Chicago, IL
1980 (Sat) Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA
Acoustic:Dire Wolf Dark Hollow Rosalie McFall Cassidy Deep Elem Monkey & Engineer China Doll Heaven Help the Fool Ain't No Lie Ripple
Electric-1:Stranger TLEO Mama Tried> Mexicali Loser Passenger Ramble On L. L. Rain Althea Sailor> Saint
Electric-2:China Cat Sunflower I Know You Rider Let it Grow Drumz NFA Wharf Rat Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad One More Saturday Night
Brokedown
1981 (Sun) Club Melk Weg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acoustic:Monkey & Engineer, All Around This World, Cassidy, On the Road Again, Bird Song, Ain't No Lie
*((BW and JG acoustic) )*
1983 (Tue) Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Set 1:Wang Dang Doodle Jack Straw Loser Me & My Uncle Mexicali Bird Song Bucket Day Job
Set 2:China Cat> I Know You Rider Miracle Bertha China Doll Drumz> St. Stephen Throwin' Stones Touch
Johnny B. Goode
1984 (Thu) Civic Center, Augusta, ME
Set 1:Shakedown Greatest Peggy-O Mama Tried Big River Ramble On L. L. Rain Might As Well
Set 2:Bucket Touch Women Smarter Ship Of Fools Playin Drumz> Dear Mr. Fantasy Black Peter Sugar Magnolia
Day Job
1989 (Wed) Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, NJ
Set 1:LTGTR> Bertha> Greatest, Loser, Masterpiece, Althea, Cassidy, Little Light> Don't Ease
Set 2:China Cat> I Know You Rider, Estimated> Terrapin> Drumz>Wheel> Watchtower> Black Peter> Lovelight
Baby Blue
Played by DSO: 2/29/2000 at Roxy Theater, West Hollywood, CA
1994 (Tue) USAir Arena, Landover, MD
Set 1:Picasso Moon, Jack A Roe, All Over Now, High Time@, Shoe Fits, Lazy River Road, Easy Answers, Deal
Set 2:Eyes> Woman Smarter, Samba, He's Gone> Drumz>China Doll> Sugar Magnolia
Lucy In The Sky
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Today in GD History 10/11

#290043 11 months, 3 weeks ago
In 1983 at MSG, it took only a few notes of the return of St. Stephen to completely lift the crowd off the ground and the roof off the house!! I sure wish I'd been there for this one. I don't know what I like more, listening to the song or the crowd!

Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Today in GD History 10/11

#290070 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I was at the '83, '84, and '89 show. MSG '83 was my third GD show and my only Stephen with Jerry. Augusta '84 was the only show I ever hitchhiked to. The second night of Augusta was one of the best shows I ever saw. The Playing in the Band was very sloppy the first night of Augusta so they played it again the second night out of Space and it was stellar. '89 was also very memorable. After going through Hurricane Hugo in St. Croix and living without electricity or running water for a month I flew and caught the Stones at Shea Stadium followed by the Brendan Byrne shows. Good Times
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds