• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nastero
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur at TRI 6/7

#28922 2 years, 10 months ago
DH420 :

If you have a flatscreen TV then if your laptop has an HDMI output you can run that directly from the laptop to the TV (you can probably use the HDMI output from your PS3 if you don't have a spare and don't want to spend 50$ to get another).

Alternatively, you can use either a DVI or VGA cable to run from the laptop to the TV as most all flatscreens have DVI/VGA inputs as well and those cables are considerably cheaper (though the video quality won't be as crisp on VGA as on DVI and not as crisp on DVI as on HDMI).

You need to email TRI and tell them they need to partner with Sony and write a TRI app for the PS3, then you can just stream it Netflix style to your TV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#28923 2 years, 10 months ago
this should answer most questions, they list several ways to hook up to a TV and answer several other questions as well.....

www.tristudios.com/userguide
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#28926 2 years, 10 months ago
Okaaayyyy lemme see. Bear with me, thy dh420 is a weebit techtarded. Took a couple pics of the ports on my laptop. I dont have a hdmi port on my laptop, i dont think, which sucks cus i hav one of those for my ps3. Which one of those cords mentioned above goes in which one of these holes........lol I think three of em are usb's which doesnt help me with this...i think. Annnnnnnnd yeah. Do one of those cables mentioned go in to that fatter port with all the holes in it?

Snapshot000001.jpg

Snapshot000000_2011-05-27.jpg
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#28927 2 years, 10 months ago
Figured it out. Nevermind lol
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#28928 2 years, 10 months ago
i'd love to catch this but i dont have solid equipment to use..laptop sucks and the sound input i s not reliable...20 dollar fee will deter the ticketless types, more bandwith for everyone else.

should try to figure something out
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#28952 2 years, 10 months ago
I agree, for my wife and I to watch for $20 you can't beat that....It costs me
$20 for 2 beers in NY....
What would be the answer to answer man
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#28969 2 years, 10 months ago
TRI Studios is far ahead technologically. But two years behind opera, marketing-wise

Remember the Grateful Dead Movie in theaters....same dealio NY Met has been doing since 2009.

www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/arts/music/15waki.html

February 15, 2009
Music
Verdi With Popcorn, and Trepidation
By DANIEL J. WAKIN

FOR 400 years humans have stood on stages and conveyed passion through song. Great buildings were raised for them to perform in. The titled and the rich paid homage with cash and devotion.

Opera, that most electrifying and moving of the high arts, has remained remarkably unchanged in its history, adapting to bigger houses, electric lights, electronic stage machinery, the recording industry. It has persevered despite accelerating waves of new claims on our attention, from television to Twitter.

But now another force has emerged, which has the potential to transform how opera is produced and received. You can check it out at your local multiplex.

Thanks largely to the efforts of the Metropolitan Opera, hundreds of thousands of people worldwide are seeing live opera performances in movie theaters, and many others in repeat showings. A dozen other important opera companies are now sending out broadcasts of their own.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29008 2 years, 10 months ago
still not the same as watching Tri on your computer in the privacy of your own home!

that beats movie theatres for me anyday....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29013 2 years, 10 months ago
no security,hassles ,loud /drunk idiots talking over the show spilling drinks on your stuff,smelly unwashed people ,at home i got cheap food and drinks no line for the bathroom ,i can smoke a stoggie without a flashlight shining in my face whats not to like?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: lastleaffallen, MushroomMan
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#29042 2 years, 10 months ago
Whoever is saying that this is the future of concerts........ uhhhhh yeah okay buddy ; )
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#29051 2 years, 10 months ago
I have to disagree with the statement "this isn't the wave of the future". Yeah you don't get the crowd interaction but think how much money you'll save over the long run. Stay a weekend in NYC to see 2 shows, $400 just for the hotel unless you cheap out and that's not including your ticket price, beer and travel expense. So, I'm excited to see Furthur play on June 7th and in the future both live this summer and on TRI...plus seeing other bands play live on the web...
What would be the answer to answer man
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#29066 2 years, 10 months ago
I was just thinking down the road(although al we have is today) an elderly Mr. Weir and Mr. Lesh bringing a live concert into my home. Shakin' them old bones! I just love that they are creating "Ramble" type places out there above San Francisco.Wishing you both "grate" success!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, the highway terror
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds