• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
HogBackHead
Junior Boarder

Vibe this tour

#287249 10 months ago
Haven\'t hit any of the shows this tour and was just wondering what folks\' think in terms of the vibe from the band, in the crowd, etc given they\'ve announce a hiatus ? Tuned into a couple of the streams while on the road and the band tempo seems slooooowwwwww this go around. With the exception of the Branford set at RR, not sure I\'m missing much. Opinions ? Is the band just biding time until they can say goodbye for good and move on to other projects ? They are getting up there in years and probably wish to slow it down, although, Phil seems to be playing every fucking night with some group somewhere. Dude maybe thinks he wants to go out holding his bass !
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Vibe this tour

#287252 10 months ago
This band is going to go out at the top of their game. They are pulling out all the stops. Breaking out great jams.
And mixing it up, while still bringing a lot of energy to the performance.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 10 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, PMoondancer , ratdog2112
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#287280 10 months ago
and Bobby's been slowing things down since 2009ish anyway. Never was a problem in Ratdog or The Dead so much in years before that, but as far as I can recall since 2009 it's been slower in any band he's performed with.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#287287 10 months ago
I think you've missed the strongest run of shows they've ever had. They're clearly putting a whole lot of energy and heart into this run. Just listen to the tapes and hear for yourself!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, ratdog2112
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#287288 10 months ago
Chester wrote:
This band is going to go out at the top of their game. They are pulling out all the stops. Breaking out great jams.
And mixing it up, while still bringing a lot of energy to the performance.

Agreed Chester the jams have been awesome, Saturday nite at Berkeley is a great example of their high energy. They sound so good right now, can't wait for tonite to see if they can caring that energy into tonites show.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#287290 10 months ago
If anything I thought the tempo on the Eyes from Red Rocks Branford show was TOO fast.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Last Edit: 10 months ago by dr bakes. Reason: .
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#287301 10 months ago
They have been messing with the tempo of songs since the 70 s. I actually think much of thus tour is faster than the last few and also more experimental in the jams. I see them going on hiatus just like they have always played...pushing strong and continuing to change things up. I just hope the come off the hiatus as strong as they are going into it.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#287304 10 months ago
I don't see them coming back from the hiatus as a touring unit in 2015, a few shows here and there maybe but...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Skeeto111
Junior Boarder

#287313 10 months ago
I think they will most definitely tour in 2015.

2015 will be the 50th anniversary year for The Grateful Dead. As long as they're all still in good health I can't imagine them not touring.

I mean, can you think of a more momentous occasion? Is there any better reason to play, than the 50th anniversary? As of 2015, Phil and Bob (as well as Mickey and Billy) will have been playing GD music for 50 years, if that's not a reason to celebrate and rejoice then I don't know what is.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#287314 10 months ago
Bobby could bust out a 50th anniversary tour for Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds