• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Breaking Bad...

#287172 12 months ago
My only real complaint was the keys/wallet deal. For one, it wasn’t necessary at all. The moment and situation was already rife with tension and anticipation. It only fed into taking the ridiculous to the absurd. The aryan threw the keys almost to the middle of the table. Nobody was going to stop Walt from leaning into the table and grabbing the keys? That’s a far reach. You don’t do that on the sly. It’s like taking a hot fudge sundae and then putting peanuts and then sprinkles and then ground cookie and then a squirt of butterscotch and then… It’s too much. Something good to something eh. An idea that should have been edited out. Or like a prog rock track. The song already has 400 ideas in it. Do we really need a 401st?

It was clear that Gilligan didn’t want this to be the Sopranos, and he was refreshingly critical of such an ending in the aftershow (though, he did diplomatically backtrack a moment later; it’s amazing how there is a blue wall in every field). Everything was best tied in a perfect bow and handed to the audience on a silver platter. I’m okay with that. For me, it matched the show. Breaking Bad was solid entertainment, but that\'s all it was. After each episode ended, I didn’t think about it again until the next episode. A clean –an OCD cleaned– ending seems very appropriate. Other than conversationally, I’ll never think about it again, and Gilligan made that easy.

But there are the 55 hours or bonus stuff on the final DVD set.

I liked this write-up on the Marty Robbins\' song:
I think that Felina is the meth lab itself. Toward the end of the Marty Robbins song, the cowboy is shot in the side (“Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel/A deep burning pain in my side) and Walt was shot in the side. The last verse of the song is: “From out of nowhere Felina has found me / Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side / Cradled by two loving arms that I’ll die for / One little kiss and Felina, good-bye.” The “two loving arms that he’ll die for” are the walls of the lab that he has just walked into, and that “one little kiss” would be his touching that piece of equipment before dying.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds