Mickey Hart Lecture at the Air and Space Museum

#286793 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Lecture
Rhythms of the Universe: An Evening with Mickey Hart and George Smoot
Sunday, September 29
8:00 pm
Lockheed Martin Imax Theater
Museum in Washington, DC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As noted on our web site, all tickets to the Lockheed Martin Imax Theater for our Rhythms of the Universe: An Evening with name David Baker.

He is going to take questions after the Lecture/ Movie, I should ask him about The Dead reunion/50th aniv shows in 2015.

Lecture is at 8:00 pm at the Museum in Washington, DC. Please enter the museum via the Independence Ave & 6th Street door, as the Mall side of the Museum will be closed for the evening.

If you find that you do not need the overflow tickets you have reserved, please notify us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or by calling 202-633-2398.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mickey Hart Lecture at the Air and Space Museum

#286809 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Wish I could catch that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#286829 10 months, 3 weeks ago
It makes me wonder how that stuff works.

Like, is it real or is it some kind of cool conversation.

I guess when you get the PHD's involved its more real than hippie campfire mysticism.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#287293 10 months, 3 weeks ago
A very interesting evening for sure. Before they showed the 21 min movie Mickey says we need to open our ears and our minds. The movie and soundtrack were extremely trippy on the big Imax screen. The gist is that the universe doen't exist in a vacuum and that it does make sounds and the movie is Mickey's interpretation of those sounds. Steve Kimock does play the soundtrack with Hart and others.

They passed out free Mickey Hart Band CDs "Mysternum Tremendum" and I have two copies, if anyone wants my extra I would be glad to put it in the mail to the first to PM me.
CD is spoken for.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Last Edit: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by dr bakes.
Time to create page: 4.79 seconds