• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#290271 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I revamp my idea for Dead 2015 lineup. haha

Bobby, Phil, Mickey, Bill, JK, Jeff C and Donna's keyboardist Freeman White (have you heard this guy?! SOUNDS JUST LIKE BRENT), Donna

I think that about covers it.
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by patchmyfurthur.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#290275 11 months, 3 weeks ago
All I have heard so far is that it is the Core Four and Donna. (Rumor) Not sure who will get the guitar or keyboard slot.

JK and Chimenti are not a lock. But, they are both my choices.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by SkiNose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#290277 11 months, 3 weeks ago
spring mountain high wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
Actually Phil gave the Wolf to JK who loaned it to Warren for the Symphony gigs. It is JK's guitar and rightfully so IMO.

i may be wrong but i think some random rich dude owns that guitar...bought it at auction and loans it out from time to time

The Wolf was never Phil's to give to John. From a newspaper article:

Two of Jerry Garcia's custom guitars -- fought over in a lawsuit last year between the Grateful Dead and guitarmaker Doug Irwin -- sold for more than $1.74 million to two anonymous buyers at a New York auction last night.

Tiger -- a guitar Garcia played for 11 years -- went for $850,000. The other guitar, called Wolf, sold for $700,000. The buyer's commission pushed the price paid for Tiger to $957,500 and the price of Wolf to $789,500.

People may also want to remember that it is not the bat that makes a baseball player a good hitter.
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#290286 11 months, 3 weeks ago
dozin.com/jers/guitar/history.htm

there's about a million documents on the rythum devils out there. one particularly that I bought when issued - I think rolling stone with them on the cover and the headline 'time masters'. I immediately thought, yes exactly. the backbone as billy speaks about sometimes as modest as the guy is, rarely. as great as a drummer as is joe russo there's not the same, liquid, very very passive flow to his playing, or I think anyone else's probably, than billy's. I think a lot of drummers may agree.

'and my best friend my drummer won't even tell me what it is I've got'

still to date when I hear his ride in constant motion with the captian complimenting in envelopes I get goose bumps. his playing is very very special musically and not like anyone else's at all. also on good nights with mickey too. and yes, the music did change some + '75ish. I cornered mcnally and some others about this in conversations some time ago. fairplay was drunk in burlington thennight I asked him about it and started laughing, then I did too.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#290290 11 months, 3 weeks ago
If Lockn II happens next year I wouldn't be surprised if we get Ratdog, Phil & Friends, and Mickey Hart Band all playing multiple nights. If so I'm there
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#290291 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Billy is an amazing drummer. His time as a solo drummer for the GD during Mickeys absence, proves it.
He always was, and remains today, one of my favorite drummers. Mickey is as well. And, I Just found
out Billy's playing a show in Hawaii in Nov. So, it looks like he is playing again. I don't know what will
happen, but at some point, in 2015, the core four have to play together. And I think the only other
person who definitely belongs on stage with them, is Jeff C. He's earned that spot. As to who else will
play with them, well that seems to be the point of contention. There are a lot of capable guitarists to
fill that spot, but everybody has a different opinion. I think JK would be a good choice.
Just my opinion though. I'll be happy with whatever they do.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#290307 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I thought more about this....who hasn't?......and JK has played not only with Furthur, but Phil had him on several outings with his Friends. If that doesn't signify a 'lock'......
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by patchmyfurthur. Reason: l
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#290318 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Chester wrote:
Billy is an amazing drummer. His time as a solo drummer for the GD during Mickeys absence, proves it.
He always was, and remains today, one of my favorite drummers. Mickey is as well. And, I Just found
out Billy's playing a show in Hawaii in Nov. So, it looks like he is playing again. I don't know what will
happen, but at some point, in 2015, the core four have to play together. And I think the only other
person who definitely belongs on stage with them, is Jeff C. He's earned that spot. As to who else will
play with them, well that seems to be the point of contention. There are a lot of capable guitarists to
fill that spot, but everybody has a different opinion. I think JK would be a good choice.
Just my opinion though. I'll be happy with whatever they do.

huh what where when? please share! I poked around a little after reading this earlier today and could not find anything about a hawaii gig for November. love to know more please & thank you.

of course mikey is a fine percussionist however very different than billy, john, joe, tipper and the many others at kit playing in the band. In some ways I think he steady's the rudder at times and others pulls it all the way off course. both together are, I think, complimentary 90% of the time. 'didn't get the lickens' that the other ones had' - understandable?

their both 'the main ten, and a must going ahead together - if together. I can't wait!
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#290332 11 months, 3 weeks ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#290333 11 months, 3 weeks ago
1374279_3434761604756_1925309463_n.jpg
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.