JK, Bobby, Phil, Billy, and Mickey FTW.

Oh and Jeff C.

And the backup singers.

Oh wait....
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#290210 6 months, 1 week ago
For all anybody knows, that could be the actual line-up.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#290213 6 months, 1 week ago
Warren can play the Wolf as much as he wants. I hate how these speculations turn into bashings. The worst part of this hiatus I must say. Yeah yeah opinions ... whatever ...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#290216 6 months, 1 week ago
Props to Patchmyfurthur and Equinox for launching this thought in my mind. If the Dead are to do this big 50th anniversary shindig, with it's potentially lucrative side, you have the Bobby/Phil corner dictating what will be. After a 2014 hiatus JK and JC will be hungry for work, and could be the guys, despite whatever the drummers have to say about it. You want in on this, here's the band, take it or leave it. I can see this coming to fruition. But please, add one more lead type guitarist to add a little spice. I say Jimmy Herring.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#290217 6 months, 1 week ago
Yes lets replace Russo who plays with total emotion and enthusiasm with the grumpy rhythm devils just so we can get our 50th anniversary fix. Cant wait.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#290218 6 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:
Warren can play the Wolf as much as he wants. I hate how these speculations turn into bashings. The worst part of this hiatus I must say. Yeah yeah opinions ... whatever ...

speculations turning into bashings? HERE? This is where I come for my daily fix of unicorns farting whilst ascending the rainbow.
Say it can't be.

But seriously, speculation has always been a component of this here thing. Maybe you've heard there is a set list prediction thread preceding every show. Of course you have. Didn't you get some extra bonus points when you predicted that Esau 1st set opener?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#290219 6 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:
Yes lets replace Russo who plays with total emotion and enthusiasm with the grumpy rhythm devils just so we can get our 50th anniversary fix. Cant wait.

Bill Kreutzman, in addition to being a founding member of the Grateful Dead, is one of the best rock drummers of all time. Russo, on his best night, has never shown the skills Billy demonstrated.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#290220 6 months, 1 week ago
Yeah that Esau opener was a tough one.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#290221 6 months, 1 week ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Bill Kreutzman, in addition to being a founding member of the Grateful Dead, is one of the best rock drummers of all time. Russo, on his best night, has never shown the skills Billy demonstrated.

Dude, please Im not going to get into this, I love Billy. Give me a break thats not what I was saying.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#290223 6 months, 1 week ago
It's all good. Relax. Take a toke of that legal herb. Oh man, I can't wait until Denver turns into the next Amsterdam. Man, that'll have the other states salivating!!!

I would like to see the three guys that are still with us play together, perhaps, one last time. I've been a drummer for a long time and am a huge Kreutzman fan. Russo is a great drummer, but if you're going to celebrate the Grateful Dead then let's keep it real.
Is that cool?
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds