• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re:Dead 2015: Inspiration, Move me Brightly

#289833 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I believe that the capability of TRi Studios and relaxed atmosphere of the Terrapin CrossRoads could be a good starting point for whatever muse moves the boys to experiment and play in a private setting, away from the critics.

Hopefully over time, that old familiar feeling turns into Inspiration to lay-down a track or two,
The 21st Century technology makes it possible all of us to see that magic.

PS: An early Happy Birthday wish for Bobby
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#289859 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Stonedbeetle wrote:
Lets remember that when Furthur hit the road, many of us looked at this with trepidation. None of us knew at the time that it was going to turn into a regular touring act. I think the worse thing that happened is we all got just a bit too comfortable with knowing that there was a pretty good chance that spring summer or fall dates were just around the corner at any given time.

I also just want to say that lets remember how much BS JK took for the first two years of this. That poor bastard stood up there with class, took on the hardest possible job anyone can imagine, and won listeners over one at a time. Haters who only went to shows because someone dragged them there, and many left with a changed attitude. I firmly believe, that he may have stepped into toughest job ever presented in music. And not only did he earn the listeners respect but obviously Bob and Phil let the leash out as well.

Well said.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#289860 11 months, 3 weeks ago
clutch_cargo wrote:
wasn't there a jerry cut out at the hall of fame induction? I seem to remember seeing that. lmao. I do remember that he didn't come to it - I think. he had / has a great sense of humor. I'm sure he also thinks / thought it was funny too.

Yes, there was a cut out of Jerry at the HOF.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#289927 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I could also imagine a 2014 Dead Family Reunion to warm up for 2015:

7 Walkers featuring Bill Kreutzmann

Mickey Hart Band

Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers with Bob Weir and Branford Marsalis

Phil Lesh Quintet

The Dead (Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzmann, Mickey Hart, Bruce Hornsby, Branford Marsalis, Jimmy Herring and Warren Haynes)
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#289931 11 months, 3 weeks ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Emvibe67 wrote:
Omg what I wouldnt wish for Pigpen to still be alive or for me to have at least seen him live once. Good lord I love you Pigpen!!!
They could hire the Iron Maiden stage designer and make a giant paper mache robotic Pigpen to lean over the whole band as they play. If they're going to do something as cheesy as an anniversary tour, they should go all-out and make a joke of the whole thing.

That was my joke yesterday-brought to you by the makers of velvetta
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

#290065 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Would love, love, love a Dead tour with John K and Jeff C, in addition to the core 4. From a marketing and finance angle (for better or worse) I think you have to call it "The Dead" to capitalize on the anniversary significance... The "Golden Jubilee" tour.

Unfortunately it seems Warren Haynes is the De Facto Jerry replacement with The Dead entity - even more so now considering his tour playing "Wolf", Jerry's old guitar. I'd be disappointed, but can see a big Grateful Dead/Allman Brothers type tour at big venues. You can bet the GD entity will be entertaining all kind of pressures from other bands etc that will want in on this money-maker.

Really hope not though. I remember the setlists suffering greatly from more hands being in the pot (ex. Warren, Mickey, etc). I can go without cheesy songs like "Baba Jingo" , "Only the Strange Remain" , "Night of a Thousand Stars" - there is probably a dozen others.

That is why I like the idea of keeping it "Furthur" with Rhythm Devils, as someone mentioned. But the business angle will play a big role so we will probably get The Dead with Warren Haynes. Boo.

Keep it simple and true to the music - Dead Tour in 2015 with John K and Jeff C!
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by gdrew817.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#290117 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Furthur is the greatest post-GD band ever. I'd be happy with one long summer tour from this group in 2015 and not have any other options than getting the core 4 back together.
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#290169 11 months, 3 weeks ago
let's all remember that this started in '96 as the 'Furthur Festival' (after 'the' bus) with Ratdog, PL&F (I don't think in year one though) Los Lobos, The Flying Karazmarov Brothers, Mystery Box and on and on and on. Gawd that was fun. Change change change and more change and here we are again, right? Such fun!
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#290183 11 months, 3 weeks ago
gdrew817 wrote:
Would love, love, love a Dead tour with John K and Jeff C, in addition to the core 4. From a marketing and finance angle (for better or worse) I think you have to call it "The Dead" to capitalize on the anniversary significance... The "Golden Jubilee" tour.

Unfortunately it seems Warren Haynes is the De Facto Jerry replacement with The Dead entity - even more so now considering his tour playing "Wolf", Jerry's old guitar. I'd be disappointed, but can see a big Grateful Dead/Allman Brothers type tour at big venues. You can bet the GD entity will be entertaining all kind of pressures from other bands etc that will want in on this money-maker.

Really hope not though. I remember the setlists suffering greatly from more hands being in the pot (ex. Warren, Mickey, etc). I can go without cheesy songs like "Baba Jingo" , "Only the Strange Remain" , "Night of a Thousand Stars" - there is probably a dozen others.

That is why I like the idea of keeping it "Furthur" with Rhythm Devils, as someone mentioned. But the business angle will play a big role so we will probably get The Dead with Warren Haynes. Boo.

Keep it simple and true to the music - Dead Tour in 2015 with John K and Jeff C!

Hear Hear Andrew!!

Since when does Warren have The Wolf? Gasp! It was not however the last guitar Jerome played though Yes!! JC + The Final Four as I like to refer to them as, Fairplay is a MUST!! Come on Billy, I know you love it, even if they're a pain in your and all of our asses too, but remember it, right?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#290190 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Actually Phil gave the Wolf to JK who loaned it to Warren for the Symphony gigs. It is JK's guitar and rightfully so IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds