The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
karenrose
Gold Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: Dead 2015

#289798 9 months, 2 weeks ago
1380347_10201141794600788_952981975_n.jpg

AND BRENT!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, ChefArugula, Emvibe67
Emvibe67
Senior Boarder

#289799 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Omg what I wouldnt wish for Pigpen to still be alive or for me to have at least seen him live once. Good lord I love you Pigpen!!!
Fly on these wings of love!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Stonedbeetle
Junior Boarder

#289807 9 months, 2 weeks ago
I have to agree with a lot of the posts here. Whether its Furthur, or the Dead, if it is called a reunion/anniversary of any sort, I would want to see JK and JC as your lead and keys. Period.

Not sure Mickey and Billy add that much to the vibe for me anymore, and would hate to see Russo left out, but would be accepting of that , if that was what was needed for marketing purposes.

As has been stated, Warren is great, just not for this music. His tone and style do not compliment this catalogue of music.

JH, meh . . . anyone other than Branford as a regular, meh. Matter of fact I really do not care that much for the guest appearances. Because I know when that happens the songs are going to stay much more structured.

While there were brief moments of darkness and it has not ALWAYS been, it certainly has MOSTLY been about the music and exploration. So I agree that mixing up the lineup too much at this late stage would really damage that.

I also agree that Furthur at the Cap or RR is much more appealing to me than a stadium or arena show by a band of any other name.

But . . . if it happens, of course I will be there.

Lets remember that when Furthur hit the road, many of us looked at this with trepidation. None of us knew at the time that it was going to turn into a regular touring act. I think the worse thing that happened is we all got just a bit too comfortable with knowing that there was a pretty good chance that spring summer or fall dates were just around the corner at any given time.

I also just want to say that lets remember how much BS JK took for the first two years of this. That poor bastard stood up there with class, took on the hardest possible job anyone can imagine, and won listeners over one at a time. Haters who only went to shows because someone dragged them there, and many left with a changed attitude. I firmly believe, that he may have stepped into toughest job ever presented in music. And not only did he earn the listeners respect but obviously Bob and Phil let the leash out as well.

If anything, I wish they would have just called the band Further and listed the band members equally and not exclusively called out Bobby and Phil as former members of the GD. It was really unnecessary.

So for me . . . JK has earned a spot in whatever fantasy lineup we can conjure up in our minds. JC has already toured with the core 4. I would suggest he is a shoe in.

So it simply comes down to, what are they called and who keeps the beat.

Maybe . . . it is just going to kick off with the Furthur 2015 Spring tour.

One more really over the top thought for comedy's sake . . . John Mayer has been quoted in the media as saying "I predict the Grateful Dead will make a huge comeback" Hell he is even covering three GD tunes on tour. So maybe he is not so prophetic and has been contacted, is working on his chops, and it will be The 50th Anniversary GD 2015 Reunion tour featuring John Mayer as JG.
Bound to cover just a little more ground . . .
Last Edit: 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Stonedbeetle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#289816 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Emvibe67 wrote:
Omg what I wouldnt wish for Pigpen to still be alive or for me to have at least seen him live once. Good lord I love you Pigpen!!!
They could hire the Iron Maiden stage designer and make a giant paper mache robotic Pigpen to lean over the whole band as they play. If they're going to do something as cheesy as an anniversary tour, they should go all-out and make a joke of the whole thing.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#289819 9 months, 2 weeks ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Emvibe67 wrote:
They could hire the Iron Maiden stage designer and make a giant paper mache robotic Pigpen to lean over the whole band as they play. If they're going to do something as cheesy as an anniversary tour, they should go all-out and make a joke of the whole thing.

hahahahahahahaha! agreed, but 50, 53, 49 1/4 ... however billed as, it might sell more tickets, but the surviving 4, yes + trey or warren - I'm there without question. say what you will, but 4-25-2009 is in my top ten of all time, since '73 (though I will still smack warren for his dropping into 'foxy lady' during a transition.) short of that, it was a magic - concert. and ... as good as joe is, he's not fairplay. great, but not 'there'.
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#289820 9 months, 2 weeks ago
wasn't there a jerry cut out at the hall of fame induction? I seem to remember seeing that. lmao. I do remember that he didn't come to it - I think. he had / has a great sense of humor. I'm sure he also thinks / thought it was funny too.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#289821 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Dude in true Iron Maiden fashion they could have a different paper mache robot come out for each song. Might be hard to come up with 16 or so different robots though.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#289828 9 months, 2 weeks ago
clutch_cargo wrote:

hahahahahahahaha! agreed, but 50, 53, 49 1/4 ... however billed as, it might sell more tickets, but the surviving 4, yes + trey or warren - I'm there without question. say what you will, but 4-25-2009 is in my top ten of all time, since '73 (though I will still smack warren for his dropping into 'foxy lady' during a transition.) short of that, it was a magic - concert. and ... as good as joe is, he's not fairplay. great, but not 'there'.[/quote]

I appreciate Warren's contributions to the scene, having seen him with the Q and the Dead (2004), and as guest with Furthur and the Other Ones. He wouldn't be my first choice for a Dead reunion, but then again I'm not the one who'd be onstage with him.
Jimmy Herring remains my favorite lead guitarist post Jerry. JK would be my favorite who sings/plays.

Would like to see Phil, Bobby and Billy play together. Whoever they decide to have on board would be ok. I think it would be cool if the three of them came on stage starting the show with some sort of impromptu jam, and additional members come out and help the thing build momentum.

I'd like to see Billy have one more big pay day. He's earned it.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#289829 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
Dude in true Iron Maiden fashion they could have a different paper mache robot come out for each song. Might be hard to come up with 16 or so different robots though.

that would be cheesier than a brie factory
Time to create page: 0.93 seconds