• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Dead 2015

#334997 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Uh yeah I guess I should not have used the word *bad*. I have a feeling .... Better?

I am not assuming the *worst* because the Dead playing Pepsi Center is not a *bad* thing, just not as good as RR. I just offered my opinion based off what the Dead did in 2009, that is all.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#335255 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Did someone say Alpine Valley muti-night reunion?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#335360 2 months, 3 weeks ago
were you there at the so called "reunion"
WORST LOT SCENE EVER>
POLICE STATE.
WILL NEVER GO TO ALPINE AGAIN, and i bet the boys never play there again. HORRIBLE TREATMENT OF ALL FANS IN THE LOT, not just venders or ticketless.
FUK ALPINE
DEER CREAK, RED ROCKS, and SHORELINE multi night runs.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#335385 2 months, 3 weeks ago
thankfully I remember no hassles at Alpine 2002. It was a wonderful experience for me to see the core 4 together for the first time in 10 years.
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by patchmyfurthur.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#336809 2 months, 1 week ago
If Billy K sits in with Phil and Friends on 9/5/14 it would be the first Lesh/Kreutzmann collaboration since the last Dead performance on 7/4/09.

It is time. . .
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#339468 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Another 2015 rumor:

Multi-night stands in one location on both coasts and one smaller stand in more in the middle. Each of the Core 4 will be fronting their own bands and rotate the headliner spot. No promise that all of the Core 4 will be on stage together at one time but chances are there will be some mix and matching going on and the hope that all will join together. Promoter has not been mentioned yet but unlikely that it will be a usual one. These will be events that last many hours...sort of a traveling festival and may have other acts included. Tickets ranging from $125 to north of $1000 at the VIP level.

www.philzone.org/discus/messages/439459/946120.html
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#339469 1 month, 2 weeks ago
^^^If that's what it's going to be, I'd rather just have a Furthur tour!
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#339523 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Some pros to this format if it really happens: Kimock and Kadlecik might both be included for at least part of the GD50 celebration, Weir would probably sit in with every band on the bill, the Rhythm Devils and Bobby would likely share the stage at some point, etc., etc. It might even be the only 2015 format that could work in light of the recent non-reunion of Phil and Billy in VA.

Or they could easily do a double-bill of Furthur and the Rhythm Devils (just add Mickey to the recent BK Allstars lineup) and have those two bands alternate as headliner, plus include solo sets by Bruce, Donna, RH, et al. This Deadapalooza approach could work out just fine, imo. . .
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#339528 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Why is it this whole 50th anniversary thing is starting to sound less and less interesting.
Lets see, Phil is not touring. He can be replaced. Is the Jerry hologram still being considered?
Perhaps a lot of product (CD's tee shirts coffee mugs) can be spun using GD-50 as logo.
Apologies for being so negative here. Just not sure that the music will be served during this whole marketing event.
Well there is still one year and four months left to be proven wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZenoMarx, Strider1
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#339530 1 month, 2 weeks ago
let's do it "Move Me Brightly" style, and rotate out the musicians throughout the "Dead" show?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds