• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bxorain
Senior Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#327545 4 months, 4 weeks ago
I believe that is before 09' as well and as far as that Warren quote...there's about as much of a chance of him saying something so silly as there is of me being the lead guitarist on the reunion tour...come on now dude .
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#327560 4 months, 4 weeks ago
The rehearsal photo is from 2/27/09 by Jay Blakesberg. Also see this video by Justin Kreutzmann:

Last Edit: 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#331541 4 months ago
im not trying to beat a dead horse, but after the 09 Dead tour, Warren said, and im putting this into my own words here cause i dont remember what he said word for word.
Warren said, that Jerry was THE MAN in his day, which is a BIG PROPS coming from a guy whom played with D.Betts, and the rest of the Allmans Bros.
he said that since, Jerry is dead, hes the best man in the guitar face melting buisness, and i gotta agree that he is the top 5 alive.
im not talkin people like clapton, or satriani, but you know, guys who can melt your face.

i just prefer my GD, to sound more SF, and less ATL.

he didnt say this in a interview as far as i know, he said it backstage, and probably after a few drinks. no big deal.

MULE RULES
Last Edit: 4 months ago by illuminaughty.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#333523 3 months, 2 weeks ago
While checking out some of the recent Music Vault videos I have been hearing a lot of Mark Karan from 7/24->25/98 The Other Ones, 7/24/99 Mickey Hart & Planet Drum, and 8/31/08 Phil Lesh and Friends, and I think he could make a fine choice for Dead 2015 lead guitarist.

www.musicvault.com/the-other-ones/video/...w-jorma_1009960.html

This would work really well. . .

Dead 2015: Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzmann, Mickey Hart, Bruce Hornsby, Donna Jean Godchaux and Mark Karan with special appearances by Branford Marsalis, Bob Dylan, Tom Constanten, Robert Hunter, Zakir Hussain, Carlos Santana, Dickey Betts, et al.
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#333527 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I think there's a reason why Mark Karan is no longer with Ratdog. I don't have any clue what that reason is, but I'm sure there's a reason.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#333554 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I have heard that when Karan is asked why he is not in Ratdog he responds by saying he has no idea why. I like Kimmock.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#333630 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I think Bobby just wanted to try something different and form a new band (unfortunately he kept the old bandname, but we have all heard by now that a new name may be in place before 2015). The Karan-less RatDog was announced in February 2013, but then Weir and Karan played together with Lesh on 3/11/13, and MK played a bunch with Phil around that same time, so it seems like everyone still gets along.

I doubt that Lesh would be willing to play with Kimock or that Kreutzmann would be willing to play with Kadlecik, so it occured to me that Karan might be the best of the realistic candidates for the 2015 lead guitar slot. . .
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
Emvibe67
Senior Boarder

#333634 3 months, 2 weeks ago
My vote is going to Warren in the guitar spot. Am I saying he's the best candidate? No i'm not sayin that....even tho I do enjoy Warren. I just feel no one will take Warrens spot because has been the guitarist for the Dead past few tours and he is leaving the Allmans at the end of the year.....maybe to free up his calendar for those Dead 2015 dates!! But if they are trying to get another guitarist in the mix this 2015 tour will be the time to do it.....

But as long as they have Jeff on the keys and get back together for some 2015 dates I'll be one happy content person!
Fly on these wings of love!
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#333636 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Emvibe67 wrote:
My vote is going to Warren in the guitar spot. Am I saying he's the best candidate? No i'm not sayin that....even tho I do enjoy Warren. I just feel no one will take Warrens spot because has been the guitarist for the Dead past few tours and he is leaving the Allmans at the end of the year.....maybe to free up his calendar for those Dead 2015 dates!! But if they are trying to get another guitarist in the mix this 2015 tour will be the time to do it.....

But as long as they have Jeff on the keys and get back together for some 2015 dates I'll be one happy content person!

Even if Warren stayed with the Allman's beyond this year, I doubt that they would be touring so heavily that it would prevent him from participating in a Dead reunion.
I like all this speculation. To be honest, I think there are some really good ideas in this thread. I also think some of you are way off base when it comes to who should be in a Reunited "Grateful Dead" 50th anniversary faction.
Truth is, I hope they do nothing. When I say I hope they do nothing, I mean I hope they just continue with the status quo. I would not be upset should Furthur resume (I don't see it happening, except for one off rare gigs like Lock'n). I just think at this point, with all the hype and expectation, It would end up being a giant letdown. Some people will be happy that they're playing music together, while others will complain that ticket prices are too expensive and that the band is "selling out". Some will be happy that they're playing within 5 hours of where they live, while others will be extremely pissed off that there isn't a 5 night Montreal run. In the end, I think the music would end up being a shadow of it's former self, which will disappoint the people that still are stuck in 1973.

If it does get announced, I can see Gordon the Drummer bouncing off the walls and being uber excited, like a kid with a new drum set on Christmas morning.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#333647 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hahaha, yes, I'll surely do a few little dances upon hearing the glad news
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds