• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1570

Re: Dead 2015

#323576 5 months, 3 weeks ago
PLEASE GOD IF PHIL AND STEVE ARE ON THE SAME STAGE AT THIS FEST THEN THERE IS THE POSSIBLITY OF STEVE
BEING IN THE
DEAD NEXT YEAR
PHIL, BOB, MICK, BILL, JEFF, and STEVE KIMOCK.
that band would sell out everywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder
Posts:476

Re: Dead 2015

#323579 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Rolling Stone later edited the part about the Phil/Bob mystery set out of that article, and the Lockn Festival site posted this corrected info about 9/5/14:

www.locknfestival.com/news/2014/04/30/fu...t-at-lockn-festival/
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8141

Re: Dead 2015

#323587 5 months, 3 weeks ago
word must of got out that fans were predicting Kimock/Lesh performing together and the idea was quickly squashed...

I may have even preferred the Ratdog/Phil n Friends set together over Furthur... but I'm definitely looking forward to the original line up without the back up singers
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3355

Re: Dead 2015

#323588 5 months, 3 weeks ago
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by kevin.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Dead 2015

#323654 5 months, 3 weeks ago
MushroomMan wrote:
word must of got out that fans were predicting Kimock/Lesh performing together and the idea was quickly squashed...


It has been a long time for the wounds to be that deep. i would be disappointed in whichever one does not offer the right hand of fellowship. Steve, Phil... Let bygones be bygones. The crowd would explode if they were on the same stage together. Just dont tell Jill and have her throw in her 2 cents.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Dead 2015

#323655 5 months, 3 weeks ago
illuminaughty wrote:
PLEASE GOD IF PHIL AND STEVE ARE ON THE SAME STAGE AT THIS FEST THEN THERE IS THE POSSIBLITY OF STEVE
BEING IN THE
DEAD NEXT YEAR
PHIL, BOB, MICK, BILL, JEFF, and STEVE KIMOCK.
that band would sell out everywhere.


You cannot leave JK out either. He has earned a position and deserves to be in the mix
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1570

Re: Dead 2015

#323864 5 months, 3 weeks ago
i do not think JK has "earned" a spot in any group. i was blown away by his performance with furthur, but he trully began to blossom when he stopped with the whole trying to do jerry licks and did his own thing, and him and Jeff brought Furthur to umbelievable heights, BUT(again with my BIG BUTT)
Kimock has been overlooked for this position for so long, he might not take it if not offered NOW. i know we all haver our favs. some like Warren, some Like John K., but Steve Kimock has the abiliety to make the Dead 2015 more than a one off tour to celibrate an aniversity. We all know Phil is down to scale back touring, but that dosnt mean as fans cant get a good tour or run of shows each year with the surviving memebers, in summer, like the good ol'days. Bob and Phil know that Jeff is the man on keys, and Bruce would and always will be a welcome addition, but hes like Branford M. Iceing on the cake.
For this band to be more than the CORE FOUR and hired guns, THEY NEED KIMOCK AND RESPECT.

leave the money concerns for the the lawyers, and PLAY MUSIC BOYS.

who did Phil pick in '99 for his lead guitar? he knows how good Steve is, and so does Bob, Mick, and Bill. So, balls in your court Mr. Lesh, and if we are stuck with Warren, or someone besides STEVE, it will be a HUGE MISTAKE>


1999 was 15 years ago, GET OVER IT. and get seperate fam. and business, fukn wife managers is a recipe for disaster.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4913
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Dead 2015

#323867 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I would have to disagree with you about JK not earning that spot. I would bet more deadheads now about JK and have heard JK play more than Kimock. He had one little run in 99. Im going to have to give a listen to those 99 shows cause I cant remember him giving me those melting vibes and goose bumps like JK did. I think on ticket sales alone JK would sale more than Kimock.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Dead 2015

#323880 5 months, 3 weeks ago
23atwell wrote:
I would have to disagree with you about JK not earning that spot. I would bet more deadheads now about JK and have heard JK play more than Kimock. He had one little run in 99. Im going to have to give a listen to those 99 shows cause I cant remember him giving me those melting vibes and goose bumps like JK did. I think on ticket sales alone JK would sale more than Kimock.


Ryan, I would personally love to have Kimock in any band. You confirmed my point. JK has earned his spot and it would be a slap in his face if he was left out of a reunion tour. JK wit SK would be very very hot. I am saying have both play on stage together and the crowds would be grateful.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Dead 2015

#323881 5 months, 3 weeks ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i do not think JK has "earned" a spot in any group. i was blown away by his performance with furthur, but he trully began to blossom when he stopped with the whole trying to do jerry licks and did his own thing, and him and Jeff brought Furthur to umbelievable heights, BUT(again with my BIG BUTT)
Kimock has been overlooked for this position for so long, he might not take it if not offered NOW. i know we all haver our favs. some like Warren, some Like John K., but Steve Kimock has the abiliety to make the Dead 2015 more than a one off tour to celibrate an aniversity. We all know Phil is down to scale back touring, but that dosnt mean as fans cant get a good tour or run of shows each year with the surviving memebers, in summer, like the good ol'days. Bob and Phil know that Jeff is the man on keys, and Bruce would and always will be a welcome addition, but hes like Branford M. Iceing on the cake.
For this band to be more than the CORE FOUR and hired guns, THEY NEED KIMOCK AND RESPECT.

leave the money concerns for the the lawyers, and PLAY MUSIC BOYS.

who did Phil pick in '99 for his lead guitar? he knows how good Steve is, and so does Bob, Mick, and Bill. So, balls in your court Mr. Lesh, and if we are stuck with Warren, or someone besides STEVE, it will be a HUGE MISTAKE>


1999 was 15 years ago, GET OVER IT. and get seperate fam. and business, fukn wife managers is a recipe for disaster.


it is not an either or man. It is both and. SK with JK. The vibe would be impeccable.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds