• Topics not covered in other forums.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#289742 1 year ago
Never had such a good time in my life before
I'd like to have it one time more
One good ride from start to end,
I'd like to take that ride again, again!

i'm all in...forget the over-analytical, too-cool-for-school d-bags...stay home and leave the better tickets for people that want to enjoy it, rather than criticize...looking forward to whatever they decide to do
Last Edit: 1 year ago by spring mountain high.
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

#289747 1 year ago
Denver Man wrote:
I would take Furthur over any line up mentioned in this thread

Minus any opening band

I'll be there of course but the whole thing makes me nervous too. The Dead 2009 tour was not good, except for the Shakedown scene.

JK and JC MUST be involved in any incarnation they dream up. It's hard not to argue for Russo too...he's so damn solid.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#289751 1 year ago
I never saw the Grateful Dead live.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#289752 1 year ago
I too would prefer Furthur to continue rather than another Dead reunion. When the Dead had a three man guitar line up of Bob , Warren and Jimmy H it made me miss Jerry even more because it seemed that there was not lead. Maybe Warren and Jimmy were afraid to lead because it would be kind of upstaging, one-upping, each other?

John K has been the best 'fit' thus far. I would love to simply have Mickey and Bill join Furhtur for a three man drum-percussion freight train! There is no need IMHO to change the name to The Dead, but, rather, just keep it Furthur.

Rumor has it there was some disharmony on the last outing as The Dead. Whatever?

Like the old GD taking the music further as the band 'listened' to each other while playing, Furthur is developing likewise so a lineup change does not further musical exploration IMHO. Why shuffle the deck at this late stage?

Fattening the drums with Bill and Mick joining Furthur would be a good option. It is about the music and not the name.

I'll pay more per ticket if that helps?
Last Edit: 1 year ago by deadegad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonedbeetle, jk420
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#289753 1 year ago
I'm okay with reflective analysis, opinions, to-cool-for-school d-bags, etc. We have all been on this bus for a while (not all, newcomers are always welcome) and are all (including newcomers) entitled to share our thought's, beliefs, concerns, whatever. I like these musicians but do not believe that they are beyond reproach. In the past GD generally made little hoopla about anniversary dates. Three nights in Berkeley one year, a night in Boulder where they opened the show with Uncle Johns > Playin > Uncle Johns.
In those days shows were selling out in stadiums, so creating a buzz was not needed. IMHO smaller (more intimate) shows in comfortable places would be preferred. As for the musicians, I have my own preferences, but like they say, everyone has both an opinion and an _____! It's all good.
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#289756 1 year ago
I think a Furthur/Rhythm Devils split bill could potentially happen.

That'd keep everyone happy and would also guarantee a core four reunuion.
I guess getting one to open for the other would be the tricky part there.
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#289764 1 year ago
Please no Warren.....he brings that Southern rock guitar sound...didn't care for Jimmy H with Furthur at lockn....John is the best sound for this music....hell Jeff Matson would be better than Warren...Warren is good with Warrens music not the grateful dead music....
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: GratefulDeadhead, Cub, ecojaded, 23atwell, ChefArugula
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder

#289776 1 year ago
Furthur Fest Tour-brought to you by relix- The GD version of Vans Warped Tour.

((((((ALPINE)))))) 2014
Last Edit: 1 year ago by ecojaded.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#289779 1 year ago
ecojaded wrote:
Furthur Fest Tour-brought to you by relix- The GD version of Vans Warped Tour.

((((((ALPINE)))))) 2014
You win. Grossest idea so far.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, CosmicCookie
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder

#289785 1 year ago
I was half joking.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds