• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#317236 4 months ago
Furthur is no more, trust me. There maybe a 50th reunion next year but Furthur will never take the stage as we knew ever again.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#317242 4 months ago
kfender wrote:
Furthur is no more, trust me. There maybe a 50th reunion next year but Furthur will never take the stage as we knew ever again.

Bummer.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#317245 4 months ago
kfender wrote:

I highly doubt this is true.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#317249 4 months ago
kfender wrote:

This has been my feeling ever since they announced Paradise Waits. I just didn't want to say it, hoping that I would be wrong.

If it happens then fantastic, if it doesn't it just wasn't meant to be.

And I don't want any kind of 2015 Dead celebration unless the band members that participate do it strictly for the enjoyment of playing with each other and not some kind of special where they are just together to mark the anniversary. I want the music to be good, with clean energy between the band members, not just some carnival ride for "the fans" sake.

Just my 2 cents.

Carry on.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, ChefArugula
Chester
More or less in line

#317253 4 months ago
No disrespect intended, but I feel Kfender is just expressing an opinion. Which is cool.
That's pretty much what were doing here. I may be indulging in wishful thinking, but
I think Furthur could be revisited. And should be. But I doubt they will ever tour again.

And we can only speculate on what is in store for the GD's 50th. It could be a single event,
streamed from TRI. It could be a nice weekend festival. Or a limited tour. But it probably
wont be any more than that.

It should be an interesting year. What comes after that? Less and less of the shows were used to.
More and more of Jackie Greene, JK, Jeff, and Joe and others like them, to carry the flame.

I kinda like thinking about this, and speculating. It makes me happy to think there's more to come.
Whatever it happens to be.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, 23atwell, Strider1
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#317255 4 months ago
I agree about The Dead Annivaersary would be best if it were not just commerce. With that in mind, I wonder if Furthur sells better than RatDog or Phil and Friends that it means Furthur does indeed return from 'Hiatus?" If Phil & Bob make more together than apart then Furthur returns.

That's Ok with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#317288 4 months ago
I'd like a GD 50th at Alpine, personally. With Kimock and JK for sure. Furthur would be nice to see return, but honestly would not be necessary if the core 4 would return for a limited engagement in any fashion.

Again, opinions.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#317291 4 months ago
I know it sounds cliche and we've all heard it before. Without diming someone out I know somebody who has intimate dealings with a member of the band(not Phil or Bobby). My friend said that this person told them that Furthur is no more. Believe me or don't I really don'tcare. This is not an opinion it's facts that were relayed to me personally
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#317292 4 months ago
kfender wrote:
I know it sounds cliche and we've all heard it before. Without diming someone out I know somebody who has intimate dealings with a member of the band(not Phil or Bobby). My friend said that this person told them that Furthur is no more. Believe me or don't I really don'tcare. This is not an opinion it's facts that were relayed to me personally

whether or not you're telling the truth, the future is inevitable and whether Furthur really will call it quits or not, they were amazing and there is plenty of accessibility to their music. That's really all that matters
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
Chester
More or less in line

#317297 4 months ago
kfender wrote:

I heard that too. There's a lot of that going around. Everybody knows somebody.
But I don't put a lot of credibility in rumors. And my statement was just an opinion.
I thought that's what we were doing here. Expressing opinions.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds