• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#316861 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes it is just a hiatus. Furthur will return in regional residency format.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#317050 6 months, 1 week ago
is furthur on hiatus? yeah.
is the PLQ on hiatus? hmmmmm, dont know....
IS RATDOG/SCARING THE KIDS? no.

i know people who hated seeing the end of the Q, and with warren and the allmans splitting ways, maybe Phil is looking to get a solid lineup to do these residencies with. if it was th e Q i know ALOT of happy heads.
if it was Furthur minus Bobby, with like C. Robinson, or J. Greene, or whomever.

I THINK SCOFIEld IS THE BEST GUITARIST PHIL HAS PLAYED WITH SINCE KIMOCK
jerryhickman
Junior Boarder

#317181 6 months, 1 week ago
I have a idea that they do the 50th like this one party 3 night run on west coast and 3 night run on east coast festival style!!! And on east coast do it at swanne music park that place is a blast !!!! Just a idea one can dream
Chester
More or less in line

#317182 6 months, 1 week ago
deadegad wrote:

Interesting. I was thinking of something along the same lines. Besides the GD's 50th, I think we will see a limited reunion run of Furthur.
I don't think they'll tour, but a few well placed shows. With Phil playing at TXR, and the Shapiro shows. And Bobby working with
Ratdog, solo projects, and shows with old and new friends. We should have a very nice 2015. I'm still curious about Billy and Mickey's
projects. And whether or not they will do something together, or separately in the near future. FWIW, I think the Disco Biscuits
project wont be a big tour or anything. Pretty sure they will just do that for Vibes. And I hope we get a stream for that one.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#317184 6 months, 1 week ago
Chester wrote:
deadegad wrote:

Interesting. I was thinking of something along the same lines. Besides the GD's 50th, I think we will see a limited reunion run of Furthur.
I don't think they'll tour, but a few well placed shows. With Phil playing at TXR, and the Shapiro shows. And Bobby working with
Ratdog, solo projects, and shows with old and new friends. We should have a very nice 2015. I'm still curious about Billy and Mickey's
projects. And whether or not they will do something together, or separately in the near future. FWIW, I think the Disco Biscuits
project wont be a big tour or anything. Pretty sure they will just do that for Vibes. And I hope we get a stream for that one.

Phil has said he does not like waiting around to travel at his age on these tours. Furthur has said it is just a hiatus. I think that the Beacon 2012 and Capitol 2013 runs were test balloons for regional residencies and a hint at Furthur's future.

I am curious as to how that will work nationwide? Will they park in New York City or nearby for a month with a few satellite shows in Philly and Boston? That could make sense. They are in major population centers. Likewise they could do something like that in the south, Midwest, southwest, and, west coast. Maybe by season. Some outdoor festival shows in summer?

Maybe for the South they could do a run at Wannee which would lure music lovers to a warm climate after winter fatigue syndrome?

For the New York residency I hope they find a larger venue than say The Beacon because demand outran supply and the scalpers had us by the balls. Radio City is bigger. The Cap being outside of N.Y.C. might take some of that pressure off from what Manhattan shows create.

I would suggest to Furthur's management that Brooklyn MCU might be a great place to park it for awhile in Summer. It is outside of Manhattan which makes complications. It is standing room on the filed which lessens resale/scalper up charging. When there is an actual seat the rip-off goes up on scalper websites: Front Row AA Only $2,000. per ticket PayPal Only Act Fast Limited Supply Blah Blah Blah!!!! MCU is of course near, or part of, a major population center. Like traveling to Wannee in Spring, people enjoy a trip to N.Y.C. in Summer.

My two cents.
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by deadegad.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#317187 6 months, 1 week ago
I think we may see a few one off 3-4 night runs from Furthur now and then but not much more then that. I think it's pretty clear from this last tour that Bob wants to roll with Steve and Ratdog! .... add that in with the Phil done touring thing... It's been a few years since Bob went on a 20+ show tour and it's been even longer since he's looked so good and into what he's doing.

that's how I see it. with this band kicking ass and the fans raging over it like they are now I think returning to Furthur is probably one of the last things on Bob's mind...
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#317188 6 months, 1 week ago
I went from missing Furthur and at the time not even realizing that Sun Lockn was my last show to totally pumped about Ratdog. 2015 will be fine however it works out.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Chester
More or less in line

#317189 6 months, 1 week ago
I think with Furthur, Phil was pushing for a tighter sound. Less experimentation. Not to say, they didn't jam. Of course they did.
But both Bobby, and Phil have different ideas of the direction the music should be going. I loved seeing Bob so happy on the
Ratdog tour. That's why I feel strongly he will stick with that, for the most part. But he's at a point in his life where he wants
to stretch out, and play with different people. Phil is focusing on his family, and developing new talents through TXR. All the
while, enjoying the experience of the variety of talented musicians who come to perform with him at his venue. It's natural to
want to re-live the glories of days past. And, they will revisit the legacy of the GD to celebrate 50 years of this thing we have.
And for the Furthur fans, a revisiting of a positive growth era of that same thing. Change is inevitable, but it will all work out.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, DrippingColors
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#317199 6 months, 1 week ago
screw Furthur bring back Bob, Phil, Mickey, Billy, Kimock, Chimenti, JK, AND Hornsby and call it The Dead. Thanks bye lol

-- said in jest, but still would be awesome
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#317205 6 months, 1 week ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
screw Furthur bring back Bob, Phil, Mickey, Billy, Kimock, Chimenti, JK, AND Hornsby and call it The Dead. Thanks bye lol

-- said in jest, but still would be awesome

Your user ID suggest that you are in denial and actually wish for Furthur to return.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds