• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#312072 6 months, 2 weeks ago
BTW, I have said it before, and say it again: Just add Bill and Mickey to the current Furthur line up (yes three man drum/percussion) and call it Whatever. That would honor the GD legacy best IMHO. If Bill and Mickey object? Keep it Furthur with only Regional Residencies and festivals to help Phil with his travel concerns.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#312093 6 months, 2 weeks ago
I am starting to seriously doubt and or question this concern over Phil travelling/touring
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#312095 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Well that is what Phil said. . ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#312097 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Donna has a new album! Sounds good! That was a great article in my opinion.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#312104 6 months, 2 weeks ago
I could imagine:

Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzmann, Mickey Hart, Bruce Hornsby, Donna Jean Godchaux and Warren Haynes

with special appearances by Branford Marsalis, Bob Dylan, Tom Constanten, Robert Hunter, Zakir Hussain, Carlos Santana, Dickey Betts, et al.
Last Edit: 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#312108 6 months, 2 weeks ago
BOB DYLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#312115 6 months, 2 weeks ago
ok, in 2015 WE WILL GET THE CORE 4, and they will get our $. funny how thats the same key.

but who will be on lead?

KIMOCK IS THE ONLY MAN THAT TAKES IT TO ANOUTHER LEVEL.

Warren, is good, but i want my dead to sound like SF, not ATL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#312124 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
I am starting to seriously doubt and or question this concern over Phil travelling/touring

Mark, I have been saying this for months. I call bullshit on this excuse. Like i said about him flying to freaking Japan. Make the shows 3 days apart if he needs an extra day. I mean its not like hes riding a bicycle from city to city. Play 2 or 3 shows at one venue, then take a couple days and play another 3 days at another city.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#312127 6 months, 2 weeks ago
newyawker wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Mark, I have been saying this for months. I call bullshit on this excuse. Like i said about him flying to freaking Japan. Make the shows 3 days apart if he needs an extra day. I mean its not like hes riding a bicycle from city to city. Play 2 or 3 shows at one venue, then take a couple days and play another 3 days at another city.

Yeah, but he's still living out of a suitcase and not being at home, no matter how many days between shows. I could certainly be wrong, but I tend to take him at his word about not wanting to be touring. Heck, I'm 25 years younger and don't want to be on the road even a tenth of what he's still doing, even if I was travelling first class.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#312128 6 months, 2 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
newyawker wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Yeah, but he's still living out of a suitcase and not being at home, no matter how many days between shows. I could certainly be wrong, but I tend to take him at his word about not wanting to be touring. Heck, I'm 25 years younger and don't want to be on the road even a tenth of what he's still doing, even if I was travelling first class.

Sue, I am only saying the card is overplayed. For someone who said he didnt want to tour hes playing 100 shows a year. Plaus flying to Japan!! I dont care if its in 3 cities. Its not like he needs to spend quality time with Jill and his kids anymiore!!! I am not saying it is an easy thing to do, but cmon Sue, when you have everything done for you its not as hard as this excuse makes it sound. take an extra day in between.. It would work wonderfully.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds