• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Staggerl
Junior Boarder

Re: Dead 2015

#289597 9 months, 3 weeks ago
I definitely would prefer Jeff over TC and I love John fronting too. I like Russo too but I'd prefer Micky. Other options, Furthur with Planet Drum and Bruce Hornsby Band all playing on one tour.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#289622 9 months, 3 weeks ago
I watched David Lemieux's video chat last night and he said big things were in store for 2015.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#289624 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Equinox wrote:
I watched David Lemieux's video chat last night and he said big things were in store for 2015.

That's very good to hear! I hate to say it, but from a business perspective, not having Bob and Phil playing together for a year beforehand will certainly build demand for whatever they come up with for 2015. And whatever it is, I'm there!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#289629 9 months, 3 weeks ago
When they say BIG it gives me the willies. I would prefer Furthur over anything BIG. Dont get me wrong I would be grateful for anything they wanted to do and you can bet I will be there in attendance. I guess Im just not doing back flips over the notion of the 4 and whoever else ... seeing them in say the Pepsi Center rather than Broomfield or red rocks, I dont know, BIGGER is rarely better...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: GratefulDeadhead, ZenoMarx, nycdave, Phred, Bacon Rocks, ratdog2112
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#289630 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
When they say BIG it gives me the willies. I would prefer Furthur over anything BIG. Dont get me wrong I would be grateful for anything they wanted to do and you can bet I will be there in attendance. I guess Im just not doing back flips over the notion of the 4 and whoever else ... seeing them in say the Pepsi Center rather than Broomfield or red rocks, I dont know, BIGGER is rarely better...

I agree, no stadium shows!! I don't think they would, or could even, at least I hope not. I'd just like a reason to come back to Red Rocks in 2015 and a reunion tour there would work nicely!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#289651 9 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

I agree, no stadium shows!! I don't think they would, or could even, at least I hope not. I'd just like a reason to come back to Red Rocks in 2015 and a reunion tour there would work nicely!!

I would like to see another run of shows at the Greek Theater, Berkeley 2015 heck ya.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#289658 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Hopefully they'll let us back after the wookies stole all the copper and caused an explosion at UC Berkeley:P

Core four plus

JK
JC
Branford
Bruce
Donna
Hunter
TC

Guests would be cool for parts of sets unless they are already Dead qualified.

Haynes or herring or papa mali

Dylan
CR
Possibly an opening band of various guests?

If bill vetos JK I will be much less inclined to see a bunch of shows.

Heres my issue i like russo quite a bit so as much as I would like to see the Rdevils it is not lacking at all as is.

Didn't care for the Dead o`r the Otherones nearly as much as furthur and furthur is definitely better after four years together.

JK has already proved that he is more than willing to sit back and fill in the dead parts behind guests at TXR so I see him as essential if there are to be guests because he can bring the dead vibe when needed plus no one sounds as good as he does vocally which to me is right up there with shredding away.
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: GratefulDeadhead
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#289712 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
I would take Furthur over any line up mentioned in this thread

Minus any opening band
agreed. But I'd have more respect for all of them if they avoided this circus all together. Phil still out and playing is more than plenty for my church to survive.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Chester
More or less in line

#289720 9 months, 3 weeks ago
So much speculation. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#289722 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Right now I'm just really psyched for the Phil shows.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds