No real jabs or disagreements that I can see

Just the standard Futurama Furthur heads in a jar & Furthur haters vs fans
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

Re: Truly blows hope JK still plays w/phil

#283680 10 months, 2 weeks ago
KFender, I was referring to the Phil Zone, not you!!! You are not a cranky grandpa haha
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
djmac
Fresh Boarder

#283682 10 months, 2 weeks ago
kfender wrote:
I totally get the residency aspect.I'm just saying that compared to the first 2 years it now seems like a slow wind down.

Absolutely correct. The lack of an East Coast fall tour is also part of that. They play plenty out here so its not a complaint by any means, but 100% proof of your point.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#283684 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I have tickets for 4 nights of Furthur starting Thursday. I will cherish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, ChefArugula
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#283689 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I heard from a very unreliable source that the reason for this hiatus is that JK wanted to spread his wings and devote more time to the JKB band. The Locken festival was actually an audition for their new guitarist. The boys will be back on the road this spring with their new guitarist Trey Anastasio and the band from that point on will be known as Phurthur.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#283691 10 months, 2 weeks ago
One thing i wont miss is hearing from someone that the Show was EPIC or the BEST ever!!!!!! Furthur had their place, and will continue to play. Dont forget DSO. They do more than just fill a void.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, ChefArugula
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#283693 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I will miss Furthur!!! Although I am ready for some little venues like the Warfield, come on Phil and friends. These guys live in my life everyday anyways weather there playing or not. So does this mean no New Years? Thanks Furthur for a good ride!!!!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#283694 10 months, 2 weeks ago
kfender wrote:
Truthfully this has been coming for awhile.The first 2 years 2010-2011 were incredible.The last 2 seem more like a money maker to me than anything.Do you know that they played 75 shows in 2011 and have played 75 shows in the almost 2 years since?The ticket prices have increased noticeably and the songbook is not as extensive as it once was.Residencies instead of actual tours.I have enjoyed the last 4 years greatly but am also realistic.Equinox is as probably close to right on as you can be I think.We'll see in a year or so if he is.I think they are being misleading when they say they aren't breaking up.2015 will most likely find the core four sharing the stage once again.Better start saving your money now because it isn't going to be cheap when they do

I aree
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Hiatus

#283696 10 months, 2 weeks ago
DrippingColors wrote:
I discovered this little board in 2011 after the Schott shows in Columbus. People in my life were falling apart, and I was feeling the ache. After the most amazing Dead experience since, possibly, the Garcia days, I set out to fix what I could, show empathy for those I couldn't, and ignore uptight and negative behavior. In 2012 I saw a dozen shows plus reconnected with my old dead self in numerous ways. Strangely, as the band played it's Brokedown finale on the last night of Red Rocks, I felt it coming to an end, and started to cry. 2013 has had its pitfalls, but was still all bonus for me, including the upcoming return to Red Rocks. Cooperstown was amazing. It would be nice if this board didn't have so many glitches, and was updated more often, but I plan I continuing to put my words here, and hope you all do the same. Stay peaceful and full of Grateful Dead energy. We Will Get By.

This is the best post in the whole thread, and makes me feel a whole lot better!! Thanks, DC, see you this weekend!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#283698 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I just wish I knew how to play the music my dam self. I really need to learn how to play the guitar. For the folks that know how to play, your lucky. I need more time in life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Time to create page: 1.60 seconds