• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Truly blows hope JK still plays w/phil

#283641 1 year, 1 month ago
gr8ful bruin wrote:
50th anniversary thing will be stupid just like dead 09, without JK this bands is about 2/3 as cool. Too many egos +haynes more than likely.

Hope JKB comnes out west.

If it is just minus russo + bill and mick thats cool but no JK means little if any interest from me.

Not just his playing but his singing is essential for this music

I think JK has proven his value. I don't think Furthur would have been half as big without him. I'd be real surprised if they didn't include him in a Dead reunion.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, craze, Zipster, karenrose, ChefArugula
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#283644 1 year, 1 month ago
Equinox wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
Man, Equinox dropping the Really Ugly Dark Cloud there. I hope nothing like that crossed their mind, nor that it ever crosses their desks longer than to drop directly into the circular file. Gross.

I'm just being practical. This is the opportunity for everybody to cement their nest eggs -- particularly Mickey and Billy who, even as the Rhythm Devils, play smallish venues like B. B. King's.

I'll take this scenario one step further. This might be a way of healing old wounds. I've read that the drummers were very bitter when Furthur was formed. They felt, perhaps rightly, that they'd been cut out of some big profits from music they'd helped create. Perhaps this is a way to bring peace and that's never a bad thing. You never know when you might lose a key person in your life.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, Zipster, ChefArugula, pink11
Stonedbeetle
Junior Boarder

#283646 1 year, 1 month ago
I don't think Equinox dropped a black cloud at all. Want to see a black cloud go over to the Phil Zone boards. Its just douchery over there.

What Equinox says in part, is realistic and could be done and be done well. Let's call them 50th Year Celebration shows though . . .
Bound to cover just a little more ground . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
Stonedbeetle
Junior Boarder

#283647 1 year, 1 month ago
One more quick thought. One posted earlier that of all the touring versions and side projects from these guys and this catalogue, Furthur has provided the most meaningful experience for them. I also agree with that statement. And I think this hits me not so much because I am going to miss the band, as much as it symbolizes the POTENTIAL end of a great piece of Americana that can never be recreated. That somehow we were all part of.
Bound to cover just a little more ground . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze, kevin
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#283649 1 year, 1 month ago
I suppose this was the big announcement that JK was speaking of.... But the music isn't stopping, and I'm grateful for that.
I do like the Idea of maybe a core four regrouping of course... Lots of possibilities- I for one would enjoy hearing Mickey play Phil's brainwaves!!!!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze, ChefArugula
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#283651 1 year, 1 month ago
Stonedbeetle wrote:
I don't think Equinox dropped a black cloud at all. Want to see a black cloud go over to the Phil Zone boards. Its just douchery over there.

What Equinox says in part, is realistic and could be done and be done well. Let's call them 50th Year Celebration shows though . . .

I stopped going to the Phil Boards long ago...there is way to much hating going on there for this old boy (~)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LBDowling
stricken
Gold Boarder

Hiatus

#283653 1 year, 1 month ago
Im glad that i got to see the shows i have and a break for the boys is good. when they come back it will be better and fresh again. As for the short term there will be options for us but a dead tour will not happen. Drumming is a young mans game and billy has major arthritis issues. Mickey wants to drive the bus but nobody wants to ride that bus. Including me. And the fact is joe is a better drummer. JK is better suited to play lead and sing rather than warren. And jeff is without doubt the best suited at keys than anyone ive heard of.
I hope all of the boys have a nice break and wish them the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

#283654 1 year, 1 month ago
I discovered this little board in 2011 after the Schott shows in Columbus. People in my life were falling apart, and I was feeling the ache. After the most amazing Dead experience since, possibly, the Garcia days, I set out to fix what I could, show empathy for those I couldn't, and ignore uptight and negative behavior. In 2012 I saw a dozen shows plus reconnected with my old dead self in numerous ways. Strangely, as the band played it's Brokedown finale on the last night of Red Rocks, I felt it coming to an end, and started to cry. 2013 has had its pitfalls, but was still all bonus for me, including the upcoming return to Red Rocks. Cooperstown was amazing. It would be nice if this board didn't have so many glitches, and was updated more often, but I plan I continuing to put my words here, and hope you all do the same. Stay peaceful and full of Grateful Dead energy. We Will Get By.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, Ossumpei, Zipster, bxorain, stricken, LBDowling, SunshineSue, Strider1, Stonedbeetle, pink11...
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#283656 1 year, 1 month ago
I sometimes ride Mickey's bus. His shows are good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze, Ossumpei, ChefArugula
stricken
Gold Boarder

#283658 1 year, 1 month ago
[quote="patchmyfurthur" post=283656]I sometimes ride Mickey's bus. His shows are good![/quot

I thought i liked riding that bus till i found out mickey is a control freak and the kid playing lead guitar didnt even know the greatful dead was the band mickey was formally a member of.
The vocals are weak except for the few songs she sings in her style i forgot her name sorry.
But we all have our beliefs just the way it is.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds