• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Hiatus!!!

#283601 7 months ago
I'm going to consider this a good thing. They deserve the break. Their families deserve these years. Maybe Furthur was becoming too much of an obligation in ways the GD were in the final years. If so, it's a good thing they can learn from such mistakes. That's what life is about...learning. And we know they won't literally stop playing, so we'll all have the chance to continue enjoying their contributions and gifts. Best wishes, fellas. I'll catch you in the next phase.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#283602 7 months ago
Been a great run. I was just saying this afternoon that the music over the last 3 years has brought so much joy to me, a real surprise and treat.

And that great music has been amplified 1000 fold by meeting so many wonderful people, whether at shows or on the internet. In fact, my conversation about the music was with a bro from Chicago that I met last year at the SB Bowl show.

band1_2013-09-17.gif
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#283603 7 months ago
yes get the core 4 together in 2014 to plan something for a 50th anniversary in 2015!!!!!!!!!!

positivity guys, positivity
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#283604 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Phil and Friends Broomfield 2014

Ratdog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But first I sure hope there is a NYE in SF. I will die a happy furthur fan. Thanks for the ride guys!!

I'm sure now, seen they have announced they're going to take 2014 off, there will be NYE shows.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
whatdah
Junior Boarder

#283605 7 months ago
very much agree (with zeno that is).

the last four years has been a gift. I'm melancholy right now, but more so am grateful . . . . . . partly cuz in two days we've got the RR run, but more importantly that my two kids both got to ten or so furthur shows, they got a glimmer of what a Dead show was all about. That makes me very happy.

I forget who said it, but with Furthur Bobby and Phil have created a bridge and that will only help to make the music last for a very long time.
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
Last Edit: 7 months ago by whatdah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose, ChefArugula
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#283625 7 months ago
If you don't have your LA Greek tickets yet I would acted now before they sell out and the price shoots up.
Those being the last shows in America and all.
I've already seen an ad on Craigslist titled "Furthur to go on hiatus $100 for bench seats"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#283631 7 months ago
I suspect this is largely a business decision. The 50th anniversary is in 2015. Surely the boys have been watching the Stones and how well they did on their 50 And Counting tour. And surely they recognize that one of the things that drove that demand was the fact that the Stones hadn't played live since 2007. Nothing, after all, creates a demand like a void. If Furthur is out there with two of the Core Four presenting a very credible GD experience, then it's far less likely that people will pay big bucks just to see the two drummers added on.

So is this the end of Furthur? I doubt it. They're a great band and those don't come along all that often. In 2014 we might see them at TRI and maybe a charity benefit or two. For all anyone knows, we might even see them in the latter part of 2015, after the Dead reunion. Remember, that's how Furthur got started in 2009.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze, Zipster, karenrose
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

Truly blows hope JK still plays w/phil

#283635 7 months ago
50th anniversary thing will be stupid just like dead 09, without JK this bands is about 2/3 as cool. Too many egos +haynes more than likely.

Hope JKB comnes out west.

If it is just minus russo + bill and mick thats cool but no JK means little if any interest from me.

Not just his playing but his singing is essential for this music
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Truly blows hope JK still plays w/phil

#283636 7 months ago
Man, Equinox dropping the Really Ugly Dark Cloud there. I hope nothing like that crossed their mind, nor that it ever crosses their desks longer than to drop directly into the circular file. Gross.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Truly blows hope JK still plays w/phil

#283639 7 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Man, Equinox dropping the Really Ugly Dark Cloud there. I hope nothing like that crossed their mind, nor that it ever crosses their desks longer than to drop directly into the circular file. Gross.

I'm just being practical. This is the opportunity for everybody to cement their nest eggs -- particularly Mickey and Billy who, even as the Rhythm Devils, play smallish venues like B. B. King's.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds