• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

Re: Hiatus!!!

#283572 1 year, 1 month ago
To be honest seen this coming, was hoping for maybe 1 or 2 more yrs. but it came a little early. We still have the Fall Tour and I really look for something special at Red Rocks since their doing 4 shows there and then again at Berkeley since this will be their first time there, but lets not leave out LA Greek since they will end the Tour. Mexico should be extra special for everyone, so all of you that are going to Mexico, take alot of pictures and have the time of your life.

It's been alot of fun for me the last 4 yrs. and I'm so happy to be apart of it. There have been so many special times for me to look back on and I thank you Furthur for that. I hope that some where in the next couple of years we get a chance to see you guys again (as Furthur) but until that time comes, I'll end this with a verse from Van Morrison;

"Let's enjoy while we can
Help me share my load
From the dark end of the street
To the bright side of the road."

Thanks guys for all the wonderful shows.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#283575 1 year, 1 month ago
I love Furthur but this was inevitable, although I admit I wasn't expecting an announcement so soon.

The music, however, will continue on with TXR, Weir Here, Ratdog etc shows. I'm sure JK, Russo, Chimenti, etc will continue to be big part of the music.

I'm wondering if they will now stream Mexico?
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#283577 1 year, 1 month ago
sorry. the board is acting up again. I duplicated comments accidentally...
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by rippleish20.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#283579 1 year, 1 month ago
Phil and Friends Broomfield 2014

Ratdog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But first I sure hope there is a NYE in SF. I will die a happy furthur fan. Thanks for the ride guys!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain, nycdave, ChefArugula
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#283580 1 year, 1 month ago
The music will continue. Hiatus does not mean the end. Furthur has provided a bridge to many great things to come in the future. It never replaced the GOGD anyway and obviously was never meant to. Their will be songs to fill the air.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

#283589 1 year, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
As much as I like the other projects, Furthur has been much more fun and much more like "the old days" than any other group for me. Not to mention discovering a whole new internet world along the way. I'm incredibly bummed about this, though I'm very, very glad to have both Red Rocks and Mexico coming up. Still, I feel sick....

Well put, Sue. The internet thing-- I am more of a behind the scenes player on the FFF, but I love it and consider you all my friends. Sometimes I thought that the availability of all the streamed shows and other social media was too much of a good thing, but last week after a summer hiatus ( hate to use the word), I realized what listening to the live music does to my psyche.
I, too, was waiting to hear this news , but somehow hoping it would never come. Honestly, I don't know how Bob and Phil do it. I am very close to their age and by no means a slacker, but to keep up the pace...WOW! It obviously comes from doing something you love.
I know the world will go on just like it did after Jerry's passing, but right now I am not happy about it..

See you all at RR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, nycdave, deadegad, SunshineSue, ChefArugula
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#283590 1 year, 1 month ago
I hope the rumors that Phil has the First Bank Center booked every February through 2016 are true. A Phil and Friends run there, with some good friends like Warren, Jimmy or Scofield, wouldn't be all bad, now that I've thawed out from the last Broomfield run!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#283592 1 year, 1 month ago
I think there will still be a NYE run, announced this month, and I expect to see you all there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ablebaker, ChefArugula
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#283593 1 year, 1 month ago
Super bummed! But hiatus is hiatus...a break, not the end. "The band is not breaking up." So thanks, Furthur, for some great times. I will take 2014 to save up my $$ for the big 2015 50th anniversary comeback! Mexico had better be AWESOME!!!
I also look forward to maintaining my new FFF friendships...gotta make it to Platinum status!
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by karenrose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, ChefArugula
OZA
Senior Boarder

#283599 1 year, 1 month ago
Damn, honestly this really has me really really bummed. We all knew it was coming, but shit..
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds