• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Double_Life
Fresh Boarder

Re: Thoughts on NYE 2013/14?

#285033 7 months ago
I hate to sound like a whiny B**** but waiting so late to announce on this issue is a giant pain in the ass! I've made a dead related NYE show 10 of the last 11 years but the last few years the coordination has been difficult because they wait so damn late to announce. I live in CA and it is causing me grief; I can't imagine those trying to manage logistics from other parts of the country. We have a house reserved that we've used in the past but as of next Tuesday our $500 deposit becomes non-refundable. So lets say the rumor is true and there is no show at the Civic. Well, we'd love to go to TRX as an alternative but we damn sure don't want to be stuck with a house in downtown SF and driving to and from there to the venue.

Boys, we love you! And we do our share to support you!

There is no good reason to NOT make an official announcement about NYE one way or the other...
Last Edit: 7 months ago by Double_Life.
Estimated Prophet
Junior Boarder

#285061 7 months ago
I couldn't agree with you more. Please just let us know "one way or another."
kfender
Gold Boarder

#285085 7 months ago
One would think announcing it quickly would benefit them.If there are to be no New Year's shows that would probably help sell whatever tickets are still available for the rest of the West coast run
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#285086 7 months ago
New Years at the Bill Graham has to be the easiest, least amount of effort, run for them to pull off so I am still trying to wrap my head around why they wouldnt want to go through with it..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Phred
Senior Boarder

#285088 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
New Years at the Bill Graham has to be the easiest, least amount of effort, run for them to pull off so I am still trying to wrap my head around why they wouldnt want to go through with it..

While I agree with you, insofar as Bob and Phil are concerned, it is probably not so true for JC, JK, and JR. Plus, they (the 3Js) may want to try something else for NYE this year with their own side projects.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#285089 7 months ago
^^^If I was JC, JK or JR I would ride that gravey train as far as it would take me!!
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#285090 7 months ago
I met Chimenti on Sunday night, very nice guy.

I agree that they should do NYE at BGCC, I had no idea how huge it was until our conversation DM. Seems almost like free money.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#285097 7 months ago
Until we get an official announcement either way, I'm going to be on the positive side of this and say they're going to do a NYE run @ BGCA, even if it's only for two shows. Since they are taking their break for 2014, I can't honestly see them not doing a NYE run. Last year they didn't announce the shows until after the 1st of Oct, let's just wait and see but let's be positive that the shows will happen.

Also I can't imagine that APE would not book shows for BGCA for NYE, being Furthur or somebody else. Doesn't make any since.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Last Edit: 7 months ago by ratdog2112.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#285102 7 months ago
I am staying positive! I am counting on a New Years run!

For me New Years is a slam dunk. I love SF and love the BGCA. I am already off work so I dont have to ask for time off, my daughter is out of school, its my favorite run of the year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdog2112
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#285124 7 months ago
While I would like to stay positive in the belief that they will play BGCA again I just don't think it is in the cards.

Nothing more I would love than for them to play there over NYE again but I would bet $1,000 that it is not going to happen.
Takin' it in stride!
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds